• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

IFS Kits

hookedtrout

Planning ahead on my 62 F100 Unibody rebuild, anyone ever install or have an independent suspension kit on a street rod or hot rod? I'm looking for suggestions on who's good to deal with and where to get the best bang for the buck. I've looked at the "No Limit" kit and it is really nice but runs about $2500.

Kevin, the guy that installed my disc brake conversion agreed to install the IFS kit and let me help do all the work. He currently has a T-Bucket kit car he's building in his shop that he plans to finish and sell. Pretty sweet ride.

Anyway, anyone with any insight on IFS Kits let me know.

Thanks, Cory

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Here's a link to a guy that's building a truck exactly the same as the truck I just picked up.

http://fordtruk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16692

I spent some time talking with him yesterday and he assured me that the No Limits IFS was the right kit to go with, simple, best built and will get me what I'm looking for and the time it saves from buying and scabbing an IFS off a donor car is worth the $$. They have a nice 4 link kit for the rear as well, could probably build my own 4 link but we will see how it all goes.

I've got a mechanic lined up to do the work and he'll let me hang out and help which is exactly what my dream has been for a long time, to have someone that I could hang out in the shop with and make something fun, I'm getting pretty excited about it all. No doubt I'm going to have to find me a different engine for the truck as time goes along and there's no doubt that we have the right people here to help me figure that out. I may even commission one of you to build it for me?

Any suggestions on a good size engine for the truck? Remember I'm not a Ricky Racer, I'm totally about having a nice looking, comfortable, RELIABLE ride so I'm not looking for huge HP under the hood but I do want it to have some bite along with no doubt reliability.

P.S. On a little side note, we just got another 8" of snow last night and it's still snowing!! Dang groundhog anyway!

Last edited: