• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

fog lights problem

karolscali

lately i have noticed when my fog lights are turned on,they go off after 15 minutes, tail lights dash lights too. if i wait a few minutes they come back on. the headlights and park lights work fine using the headlight switch, could i have a faulty headlight switch? roland:sad:

rvrtrash

lately i have noticed when my fog lights are turned on,they go off after 15 minutes, tail lights dash lights too. if i wait a few minutes they come back on. the headlights and park lights work fine using the headlight switch, could i have a faulty headlight switch? roland:sad:

Normally if you have a problem with the headlight switch, the headlights will also go out. I believe you have a bad circuit breaker for the fog lights. It should be down by the fuse box on the firewall. I'm not sure why the tail lights and dash lights also go out though. They should be seperate circuits from the fog lights, unless a previous owner got creative with the wiring harness.

Steve

franklinair

Shop Manual, Chap 15, page 70: says Fog Lights are protected by a 10 amp C/B on a bracket at fuse panel. page 71 lists Tail Lights are protected by a 15 amp C/B in the Headlight switch. Maybe you have 2 problems occurring at the same time, or as Steve says - maybe someone has modified some circuitry. I love this stuff!! Bring your car to NC, and I'll fix it for you.:grin:

Neil