• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bracket for battery hold down clamp

murf104

On SOME cars there is a little right angle bracket that connects the front apron to the battery hold down clamp. This bracket can be seen on page 143, left side, center columnin the latest NPD catalog. Can anyone explain why only certain cars have this little bracket? Does it have to do with the size of the battery? Seems that only San Jose cars used this, and that only some of the San Jose cars actually had this installed. Would you look at your car and see if you have one of these, and then check your Marti report and see if there is some connection between the battery size option and this bracket. NPD lists it as BRACKET,BATTERY CLAMP, 10A705. Thanks for any answers you can provide to this little mystery. IF you had one there will be a hole in the apron where it was bolted (I think). My car has no trace of this ever beiong there while other cars have either the bracket still being used or the hole still there and not being used.

rvrtrash

My 68 doesn't have it, but my '71 does. Might be a goof on NPD's part or an attempt to drum up more sales.

Steve