• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

tires size in my cs

CS68

my CS has the valve covers but recently i adquire a set of rally wheels or GT wheel which i think they are going to give my CS a better look, I need some help on chossing my tires, I know my original wheel with cover have 205/70/14 tires but I'm trying to put new tires on the GT wheels and need to know what size would look better becuase the 205''s don't really look good. thanks please give me some suggestions.

rvrtrash

Well that's the size I have on my GT wheels and I like them. I guess it would depend on why you don't like the look. Are you going for the rubber band tire/wagon wheel look? If so, maybe some Torq Thrust D's in 18" would be a good choice. If you just want wider, any tire store should have a chart that shows the tire heights and what width wheels they would fit. Look for one with about the same height or you'll have to change your speedo cable gear.
Steve

PFSlim

CS68

I posted a post here at one time called "stance". You can find it in the search by typing in Tire Sizes. You can see there that we put on 225 70R-14's on front and 245 70R 14's on the rear. We wanted to improve our front rake and wanted to fill our fender wells as well. Take a look at our car in the gallery and see if you like that look. We are on page 5 (Paul and Brian Stevenson).

Paul

OP
OP
C

CS68

thank you for your info again I decide to put 225's all the way and car looks good, can can be view in the gallery thanks again

Mosesatm

CS68 said:
thank you for your info again I decide to put 225's all the way and car looks good, can can be view in the gallery thanks again

Nice looking car!!!

twoclassics

Hey CS68

Hey There is another Chevy, Ford guy hanging around, alright CS68 way to go, I would like to see that 68 Camaro along with the CS Chuck

68gt390

Arlie;
If I'm not mistaken these guy's also offer some pretty nice Styled Steel Chrome rims in the 15" variety that are pretty nice.

Don

twoclassics

running

Don Got it Running finally with a friend of mines help. Never did like to set those dist. Runs good at high idle, nice and smooth but when I try to idle down to set timing would not hold idle and of course tried to put in gear and just died. I took the carb and sent it to holly to do a flow and repair kit on it. 125.00 to install new kit, check for originality and set to factory flow specs, now thats a great deal from the people who made the carb. You know you are going to get it right. They will also do a concourse resto on a carb, replate every piece, make it look brand new but that was 450.00. Maybe next time, anybody need a resto on a carb check out the Holly web site. Anyway, also sprung a leak in the radiator, just pulled it and I am off to the radiator shop to have it recored. If I need a new radiator any opinions on what looks closest to original Chuck

390cs68rcode

have them cut the tanks off yours and reweld the old tanks on a modern mid section. did it on the 390 and have not had any problems with it getting hot.