• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 visited Doug yesterday.

mbsf1970

well, over two months has passed since I put "Doug" away for winter. I visited him yesterday in his 60 degree slumber garage. Put him away clean with cover so he still looks good and shiny.
Fired him up and left him to run for 15 minutes. Plenty of oil leaks to deal with next spring--- right Robert?! I'll be in touch!!
Not sure what adventures 2015 will lead to but it sure was nice to see Doug and sit in driver's seat again......

Anyone else deprived of car due to winter? Do tell.....

Stephen

sam

Yes for sure.................was in the mid 50's in New Hampshire on Sunday, so I did the same with my car. Fired her up, enjoyed the rumble of dual exhaust and that " 60's car smell" for 15/20 minutes. I can't wait until Spring 2015. I have a leaky power stee ring pump, and wish I could find a reliable source for a rebuilt one.
Sam

Maine gt/cs

I had 40 degrees here. Backed the Mustang out of the garage and let it run for 30 minutes or so while I did a brake job on my f150. Have a radiator leak around the drain plug. That it for leaks so far. Felt good to sit in it while it idled.

stangfan

Hey Stephen, glad you got to visit Doug. I'm so lucky to live where I do. I had my GT/CS (and the 7-Up) out for a run last Sunday. I'm hoping this winter is mild, and there isn't much brine put down. We usually get a good rain for a couple of days to wash things down, and then I get the cars out again before it gets cold and the local municipalities use their brine trucks again. I really don't think I could leave my Mustangs alone for more than two or three weeks, never mind over the winter. :grin: