• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 HCS on EBAY

hicountrybob

Here you go: ebay #4585347434, called a"High Air" car, the production #'s are way off, among other things, just listed this past hour. I believe this is the real thing, just one car later than Clyde Downer's HCS. hicountry Bob here.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=3;threadid=2305;start=0#msg15950 date=1130328233]
If the #'s match it's a 289 instead of a 302.
[/quote]

I guess the "High Air" is getting to the seller. :p

Mustanglvr

That seller should have checked out this site, so he could read up a little before before making himself out to be a fool on Ebay. Somebody inform him please.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=3;threadid=2305;start=0#msg15952 date=1130332071]
That seller should have checked out this site, so he could read up a little before before making himself out to be a fool on Ebay. Somebody inform him please.
[/quote]

somettimes it is better to just let people show that they have no clue to the ones of that get it. ;D

luisa2552

I had to tell the guy, I pointed him in the direction of this website so we'll see what happens with the listing.

68MustangHCS

The guy who is selling this is listing it from Alabama, car is in Madison, WI. It's numbers may be in the right neighborhood, but it could be a modified 68 coupe. The Seller is selling this for a friend, and his information may be just information by word of mouth. The numbers he claims are off, the name is off, it can't be the original paint if it is a HCS. The hood is not correct without the twist locks, the front grill is incorrect, no lucas lights, no HCS decals, wrong motor. It could be just put together from a few wrecks? Like I said before, this could be a regular coupe with a few add ons, or a HCS that had sustained some front end damage years past. Without any orginal documentation you don't know what this Denver DSO car has been through.

OP
OP
H

hicountrybob

This guy called me tonight (so he did find our site) and of course, he found that he is way off base. I gave him the Marti trip and he is sending for a deluxe report and will send me a copy when it comes, so he said. hicountry Bob here.

68MustangHCS

Its too bad he can't wait to sell the car once he has the report. If it's a real one, it will make somone happy to fix up right! I'd like to have another one...lol My wife wouldn't...

classicsguy

It did not meet reserve. Hope that Marti report confirms that its the real thing and the owner re-lists the car. Looks like a nice project. Watch out for this car and keep us informed if its relisted.