• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Some tips on buying Calif. Spec. needed

About a year ago I put a little note on this forum wanting to purchase a California Special. I wanted a rust free, highly optioned "J" code. Not one reply or even a hint of where one might be found. I still am seeking one - can you give me some insight into the wording or any pointers that may inspire a response, or even a hint about one for sale. Thanks, Murf

classicsguy

John: Sometimes is a matter of timing. Maybe at the time of your post there was no one that wanted to sell one. Just keep placing posts in this forum because it is the best opportunity to get a GT/CS. Remember that only about 4118 were made and now there are less left. I have seen posts for wanted GT/CS's and people have responded.
I placed an ad last year too for a wanted Big Block GT/CS and one guy responded with what I wanted. In other words be patient and persistent. You might want to check the gallery of owners and if you see something you like just e mail them or send a private message to see if they will be interested in selling their car. I will be on the lookout and if I see something I will post here. Good luck!!!

68sunlitgold

John,
I agree with classicsguy, I too placed a want ad here about 3 years ago and got a reply. The car is now mine. Don't give up hope, also look back here every once and awhile to see if anyone has placed a car in the ads section that matches what you are looking for. I know they sometimes do not look through old post of people looking for cars. Don't give up and don't get frustrated, your car is out there!!
Doug

Calspecialdreamer

John,

I know where a nice "J" code, delux interior CS is in California. It has A/C too, but it is off the car. I tried to buy it over the summer, but it didn't happen. The owner is a real good guy and it is in San Jose. My sister test drove it and gave it a thumbs up. Reply to this if you are interested.

OP
OP
G

Yes, I would be interested. Sent you a response by email also. Let me know the details including VIN# and equipment and asking price if you know how much.Thanks, John

OP
OP
G

One of the responses received has no documents or family history. I called Ford for a "999" report and they were very nice. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get one of these from Ford Motor Customer Service? Thanks for any information. John

admin

Staff member
Administrator
If I remember right mine took about 6 weeks.