• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help Selling this 68

robert campbell

Connie,
I am so sorry that a "flipper" bought your car. I may be out of line, but I hate these kind of people. It is ok to buy a car and then fix it up to sell, but to do nothing more than buy and flip disgusts me. I hope no one takes offense to my thoughts on this, but that is how I feel. I NEVER buy car stuff to make money. In fact I will market the stuff for the owner and get them a fair price and have done that many times. Enough about all that....

Sure wish you would have let me make it drivable for you again. We could have done that pretty darn reasonably for you. And then you could have commanded a much higher price. But again, water under the bridge....

That was a nice car and I hope whoever gets it fixes her up and loves the history behind her. That was a steal for $6k in my mind. Wish he would have been more honest with you.

Rob

robert campbell

This car is still available. Current owner is not happy about my post, but it is the truth. He bought it to resell to make money. My opinion on doing that is, just my opinion, and nothing more.

That said it is a very loaded car and it seems to be a great project for someone to purchase. At 10k, which was asked for the car, a thorough inspection would be in order. If it is as solid as it appears to be, maybe a deal could be made.

Rob

subinkracing

It does appear to be a solid car and I wanted very much to own it but everything happens for a reason. I will just continue on the 65 falcon futura coupe that has been gathering dust in the garage. it's 1 of 1300 with bucket seats in 65.

rvrtrash

Connie, it's too late now, but I kind of wish you would have got back to us. I was under the impression you were going to keep it, or I would have made an offer. At $6K I would have taken it and restored it, and kept it for many years.

Steve

robert campbell

My guess is it will appear again. Car is in Renton WA somewhere. Seller will more than likely wait until next year and then post again. The funny part of that is the way this site finds new postings of GT/CS and HCS cars and posts them in our classified section.

The seller picked the wrong car to flip with no upgrades or work performed. From what I have been told it is doubtful that the seller has the wherewithal to work on it himself.

Let's see, if it comes up again we can help Connie buy it back and I will get it running for material costs only!! My guess is a motor and basic fuel and brake service. Automatic is the wildcard if this car was a running car before disassembly.

Heck, I think Connie should offer to buy it back!! My offer is gold!

Rob

BigJim

Connie,
I am so sorry that a "flipper" bought your car. I may be out of line, but I hate these kind of people. It is ok to buy a car and then fix it up to sell, but to do nothing more than buy and flip disgusts me. I hope no one takes offense to my thoughts on this, but that is how I feel. I NEVER buy car stuff to make money. In fact I will market the stuff for the owner and get them a fair price and have done that many times. Enough about all that....
I agree with you 110%. It's people like this that give the hobby a bad rap. I know a local guy that does that vary thing. Occasionally he'll do the $300 Earl Chive paint job then advertise the car as having had a rotisserie restoration complete with concours quality paint job. Sadly people fall for the shinny new paint and the "rotisserie restoration" and think they're getting a great deal on a super car only to find out a year later that their car is going to need major work and cost them thousands of dollars on top of what they paid for the car.