• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Back in the Saddle Again...

P

PNewitt

Shamefully late, and not around for a while....I'm back here to perhaps answer some questions--maybe even ask some.

I'm quite impressed with the knowledge I see here, and I hope to add as much as I can to these topics.

Outside of this great place for info--I can be contacted at:
PMNewitt@californiaspecial.com

I'm working on some new 35th Anniversary items for early next year, too. I still have a few of the 1996 Registry books left. The first book (1988) is unfortunately now out of print.

As always--in great appreciation,

Paul Newitt

RacingFan

Thanks for the return Paul, its great to see you here! I will have to tell you though, Jon and a number of members of this site have gone to great lengths to get the word out on these fun vehicles. Without a doubt, this site has the most up to date info, professional Mustang lovers, and helpful web surfers of any Mustang site. I don't think there is a question that someone could ask that Straightsix or 68SunliteGold couldn't answer. ;D

I still think we should get together for the MCA National this next year. Paul, put it on your calender. We all need a chance to meet you and thank you for the work that you have done!

:)

quicknick

Hi Paul, I was browsing Ebay and saw a dash emblem and and steering wheel insert emblem that said "California Special" . What the.......??????????
Please shed some light on this one.
Also, we would love to see you at the Nats this year as well. Gotta spot saved on my sun visor for your autograph !

Doug57

I agree, this website is very useful. Also 68sunlitegold gold is very helpful and informative.

StraightSix

Not to step on a question intended for Paul, but I can answer that (using Paul's publications ;D). Around 1990, Paul put out a catalog of GT/CS items he had found available for sale or that he had made himself. The plates on eBay are ones he had made in order to "spice up" the interior of the GT/CS. Here's a quote from the catalog:

"In all of the years I've driven my GT/CS, I always wondered why there weren't any unique GT/CS interior emblems. So, after the book was published, I decided to make my own. No, these weren't originally on the GT/CS, but if there were such emblems, they might have looked like these."

These emblems are nickel-plated, and originally cost $25.95 and $14.95 for the dash emblem and steering wheel emblem, respectively.

-Winston

StraightSix

Paul,

I got to wondering... could you give us any insight on how the whole GT/CS catalog came to be, how you went about getting items to fill it, etc? I'm especially interested in things like how you got the emblems made. Also, do you have any of the items from catalog left? I know it's almost 15 years later, but... ???

Thanks!

-Winston

StraightSix

*bump*

Well, he doesn't mention anything about an updated registry like I thought.

-Winston