• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Members

Mustanger

It's great having you join us! It's always good to have new blood join a group, especially when there's enthusiasm attached!

AZ68

"newbie"

hookedtrout said:
We all know that there are constantly new people checking the sight and a good percentage of them never join and even some that do join never post.

Personally I liked the idea and I don't see it turning into a place where those that skip this little introduction section get lambasted into oblivion for jumping right in with the Guru's. The test and help section is almost serving this purpose now, maybe it just needs creatively renamed.

Cory

Okay... I feel rude for never introducing myself... My name is Christine (AKA Chris), and I live in Mexico 6 months out of the year and Alaska the other 6...for now... I will be pretty much permanent in Mexico come October this year. And as I stated in the "what do you do" thread, my car is in Phoenix sitting in the garage. It will probably be in Cabo with me by December this year! I have been a silent observer for a long time (since 2004), and I never posted ANYTHING until about a week ago when I saw the "what do you do" thread. I have been silent for a long time because I just didn't know where to jump in with the "gurus"!! However, every one seems very nice, and I'm not feeling so intimidated now. Wait until my car is in my possession again, and you will all have a million questions from me. BUT, I promise I will look for the answers in prior threads first so I don't ask a question that was answered a million times before!
~Chris

rvrtrash

Hey Chris, ask whatever you want. If someone doesn't feel like answering a question that's been asked before, they may give you the link to the prior post or they may just ignore it and let someone else get it. I can't remember anyone ever saying "Oh God, that's been asked a million times already!" We're not scary, we just play it in the movies.:grin:
Steve

AZ68

rvrtrash said:
Hey Chris, ask whatever you want. If someone doesn't feel like answering a question that's been asked before, they may give you the link to the prior post or they may just ignore it and let someone else get it. I can't remember anyone ever saying "Oh God, that's been asked a million times already!" We're not scary, we just play it in the movies.:grin:
Steve

Thanks for the welcome Steve. It's MUCH appreciated!

390cs68rcode

we were all new at one time too. Heck, you have been around more than I have. You will find out once you start restoring your car a little you will learn things and when someone comes on asking something you have learned then you can chime in and tell them what you know. That's what all of us regulars do.

ponyboy

newbie toooo

hi, Rich here from az, i guess i should introduce myself too. been a member a little while but usually just read your guys(and girls) stuff. ive got a lime gold 289,3 speed gtcs thats not in the registry so when i figure out this web site i will send info and pictures of car. needs restoring.live in peoria az and my brother lives here too and has a white gtcs too.kinda cool both of us having specials.you guys seem to have a great web site with allot of info, keep up the good work and look fwd to chatting with you guy and girls soon.....rich

BroadwayBlue

rvrtrash said:
Steve

That is one thing I loved about this site since day one.
I've been on other car forum sites where you literally are abused for posting a question that was previously asked.

I will search first using the forum search function and then if I can't find it I will post the question - never once did anyone make me feel like a newbie or not welcomed on this site.
I feel like I know you all personally even though we've never met.

Welcome to the site everyone - it's a great place to hang out - the "Cheers" of the Mustang hobby ... "where everyone knows your name ..."...:icon_lol:

PFSlim

I agree with Rich, welcome all to the site. I just wanted to put in a plug to everyone new to make sure you get Paul N. your information for the registry.

Again, welcome all to the site and glad to have ya!!!

Paul