• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Triple "B's" Garage

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Check out these 2 inch to 2 1/8 inch step headers for the Stang! A work of art to make them equal length. Do not ask me what they cost!!

Rob

Attachments

• Headers 2.jpg
    Headers 2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Headers 1.jpg
    Headers 1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 45

rvrtrash

Check out these 2 inch to 2 1/8 inch step headers for the Stang! A work of art to make them equal length. Do not ask me what they cost!!

Rob

They look nice but I'm glad I'm 400 miles away when you get ready to put in the motor mount bolts and starter! :grin:

CougarCJ

Is there going to be clearance issues with that 'bundle of snakes' header system and the clutch linkage?

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

They look nice but I'm glad I'm 400 miles away when you get ready to put in the motor mount bolts and starter! :grin:

First, I have 5.5 inches more room on EACH side due to the strut/shock tower notching! Second the headers slip apart at the collectors. Install one tube at a time.

I had a set of Hooker Super Comps when I had a 428 Cobra Jet in this car. What a pain in the butt to bolt those suckers on!! Had to jack the car up at least 36 inces off the floo, and then jack the motor up and remove both motor mounts and motor mount frame mounts....... That was a pain. These will be easy peasy!!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Mockup motor installed. I can now drive a truck between the heads and the shock towers!! These sideways photos are killing me!!

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 41
  • No Headers Left Side.jpg
    No Headers Left Side.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 28
  • No Headers Right Side.jpg
    No Headers Right Side.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Now with headers!! They bolted on like butter! But they are low..... Oh well the price you pay to play!! I can install spark plugs with both hands tied behind my back!!

Rob

Attachments

• Headers Right Side.jpg
    Headers Right Side.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Headers Left Side.jpg
    Headers Left Side.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Headers Bottom View 2.jpg
    Headers Bottom View 2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Headers Bottom View.jpg
    Headers Bottom View.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 37

rvrtrash

I got your back, brother!

Attachments

• image0_1.jpg
    image0_1.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 30
  • No Headers Right Side_1.jpg
    No Headers Right Side_1.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 34
  • No Headers Left Side_1.jpg
    No Headers Left Side_1.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 39

franklinair

Tell me about the front suspension with the modified shock towers.
The Headers DO look awfully low to the ground.

Neil

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Dad,
Here is the link to Revelation Racing Supply (RRS) in Australia. The Aussies are very cleaver, although I think there may be other companies that mimic this in the US. The RRS kit allows you to replace the upper control arm, the coil spring, and the shock with a single strut system. They provide a new spindle, lower control arm, disc brake system and the forward strut rod as part of the package. This cost me about $5k with the shipping. But it allows for the use of the top of the shock tower to be braced to the firewall as Ford designed this unibody car. Not cheap, but heck, I wanted the room. The strut lets you adjust the ride height also.

This is designed more for road cars that want to canyon carve, but I wanted the room more than that. Works with stock steering, Borgeson, or they also sell a rack and pinion setup.

Rob

https://rrs-online.com/

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Right side torque box is in. Got to practice my Sheetmetal Mechanic skills. There is plate behind the outer one you see. These boxes really tie the inner frame to the outer rockers and certainly stiffen the fire wall area.

68 and newer Mustang owners do not have to worry about this. They are already installed! For whatever reason, in 1967 they just put the left side one on.....

Attachments

• Torque Box.jpg
    Torque Box.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Torque Box Bottom.jpg
    Torque Box Bottom.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Strut, spindle and lower control arm installed. These are serious eye candy, and the craftsmanship is second to none. They provide dampening adjustments and adjustable ride height. And allow you to notch the shock towers as seen.

Rob

Attachments

• Right Side Strut.jpg
    Right Side Strut.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Right Side Strut From Behind.jpg
    Right Side Strut From Behind.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 46

Ruppstang

Nice work Rob. It should handle like a new car. In 67 only the convertibles had the torque boxes on both sides.