• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Deluxe Interior package components

RacingFan

I am going to put a black deluxe interior in the stang over the winter. I am trying to make sure I have all of the pieces, so would appreciate some feedback on the package:

Door panels
Woodgrain dash complete
Deluxe seatbelts
Upper console (woodgrain applied)
Comfortweave upolstery with seat buttons

What about the lower trim peices on the door? I think they had courtesy lights and speakers???

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

68sunlitgold

RacingFan,
According to the Mustang Recognition Guide:

- Woodgrain instrument Pnael appliques
- Luxury tow-toned door panels with woodgrain strip
- Bottom door grilles including red/white courtesy light
- Bright trim on the pedals
- Woodgrain steering wheel w/woodgrain center pad
- Bright rectangular buttons in seat backs
- Roof console w/woodgrain
- Vinyl grip for T-handle shift for automatics, woodgrain knob on manuals
- Padded quarter trim panels (I think this may have been deleted after the strike)

I hope this helps...it looks like you have most of the things you need.

Doug

Jayscal

Some of the tough to find parts are the door panel door pulls, and the hole plugs fro the arm rests.

-=MUSTANG=-

My CalSpec has the deluxe interior sans the wrapped shifter handle. The overhead console has map lights in it. The lower door trim has a cut out for a door speaker. the car is currently being restored, still need to add it to the registry though.

xcodegtcs

Other hard to find parts are, the woodgrain steering wheel center, Seatback buttons(reproduced, although do not include backing plates) are expensive @$20 x 8. Correct under dash lights(footwell). The emblem for the right side of dash. The outer ring is reproduced, although I don't beleive the emblem is. Also the lower door grills mount in square plastic plugs ( the things the screws screw into) this, plus popped into square holes in the door. The door pulls as mentioned( you can use cougar XR7, although grain is different). Also, door pull backing plates are next to impossible to find (cougar will not work). The padded inner quarters are very hard to find and use a deluxe corner cover @ the top of the windlace (cougar will work). woodgrain steering wheel(cougar xr7 will work, resto high $)

[quote author=Jayscal link=board=1;threadid=101;start=0#379 date=1037317822]
Some of the tough to find parts are the door panel door pulls, and the hole plugs fro the arm rests.
[/quote]

Hello,
Belive it or not you can find the exact are rest plus at Lowe's or Home depot.

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Thanks for all of the help! I have found some parts in reproduction that I didn't know about, for example:

Lower Door grills (hard to get, but being reproduced)
Door pulls and end caps!
Deluxe dash emblem

Branda seems to be one of the better sources by far. I have found that many vendors are unaware of the products that are out there, so it pays to check around.

Courtesy lights (for the doors) are not impossible to find, we will have to see what kind of condition they turn out to be in when they get here.

CJ Mustang has my Special in the shop now, doing so odds and ends to get it road worthy again. Got a great deal on it in Massachusetts, will post some pics when I get it back in a couple of weeks.