• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on craigslist (PROJECT)

tranimal

I hope not all 50 people show up at the same time to view the car. Bidding war!

Batgirl89

We were the only ones there, and walked away, dont think theres gonna be any bidding war on the rust bucket. The barn must have been at the bottom of a lake. If you're in a race to go see it, you might want to slow down and not waste 1/2 a day like we did. The guy even made us wait down on the road for half an hr, because he set everyone up to come at the same time, I guess in hopes of a bidding war, and no one else showed up, just wasted more of our time. It was very inconsiderate. We almost just drove away, because even at 2000' away you could tell it looked a little rough, looked better in the pics. I know they say a picture is worth a thousand words, they just dont say if they are good words or bad words.

franklinair

Too bad. The photos looked decent enough. What specificly was amiss as far as body & frame? Sounds like the seller was hoping for a bidding war.

Neil

Batgirl89

I know, I was really excited by looking at the pics. geeh, were do I start. Ive never seen so much rust on an engine and in the engine compartment, the battery box was completely rusted out (gone) along with most the inner fender, couldnt find the vin # on left fender because of too much paint or wasnt there. underside pans 25-50% rusted with parts all the way through. The right rear quarter panel is delaminated from the roof. trunk had lots of rust flakes and smelled like mold. The passenger compartment, still felt wet and I was overwhelmed with mold/mildew smell. fiberglass looked tired. Didnt seem like a barn stored car. The car is pistachio green, on my computer it looked original white, he told me it was original gold. I told him it was too big of a project for me...so I will keep looking for my GT/CS dream car