• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bleeding Power Steering System

jc68gtcs

Just changed out both hoses (leaking) on the power steering pump on my CS. I have a 302. I'm assuming that since air was introduced to the system that a bleeding process has to occur, but I can't seem to find any instructions anywhere. I have filled the reservoir to the full mark but not yet started the car.

Could anyone pull an assist here..???

Russ

When I filled my new power steering pump with F-Type ATF, the directions said to jack up the front end, and without the motor running, turn the steering wheel lock to lock five or six times. Then check the fluid level and top off. That seemed to do the trick on my car. Hope this helps, Russ

franklinair

Thats correct. Then I started the engine & repeated the process.

Neil