• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Registry/Filemaker Pro (Mac) software question

P

PNewitt

This question is for those of you that use a MAC (sorry, no PCs here), I have a question. I would have posted this in "off-topic", but I thought I'd get a better chance finding Mac help here., and it is, well, "GT/CS Registry related".

I used Filemaker Pro for the 1996 Registry. This was on my old 63XXX processor. it was either my Mac IIci, or that Power Computing clone I used back then (that I called "FrankenMac").

I now have a Mac Mini, with OS 10.4, and I want to transfer the old Filemaker Pro files to a compatible database software. Almost anything at this point.

I would like to know:
1. Will something in OS 10.4, like a database, sucessfully import my old, 1996 Filemaker Pro files?
2. If I buy Filemaker Pro 6.5 for the new Mac, will it recognize my old Registry files from circa 1996? Both my Blue and White G3, and the Mini (pre Intel version, so I can run Classic 9.X) will not recognize my floppy files for either the old software--or the registry data.

Any ideas? (and,no, I'm not going to buy a PC).

thanks for your help!

Paul N.