• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Air conditioning idlers

rvrtrash

I'm working on a '68 CS, and need to change the air conditioning idler pulleys. My old car only had one idler, but this one has two. I've checked the local auto parts store and looked online at several vendors and can't find anything that matches what's here. Can anyone tell me what the application is, or where I can find replacements for these? I imagine I can install an idler like I had, but want to leave it original if possible. The top arrow is where the adjustable pulley mounts and the bottom arrow is the fixed idler in place. Thanks.

Steve

Attachments

• airidlers.jpg
    airidlers.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 18
  • cs air.jpg
    cs air.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 33

Ruppstang

Steve those are the correct early 68 pulleys. There are no after market replacements that I know of. I would just have new bearing pressed in to them. West Coast Classic Cougar does it. Give Scott a call.
Marty

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Thanks Marty. Shoot, I was an hour away from Salem, Or. last week!

Steve

robert campbell

I went through this with a 1967 Fairlane small block. It was a smog car and I was removing the smog stuff, but the smog pump was one of the "air conditioning" belt pulleys.

I was amazed at the running changes through 1967 on Mustangs and Fairlanes. There must be 4 or 5 subtle changes through that year and not much was compatible.

I hope the 1968 year is a bit less confusing!!

Rob

franklinair

Classic Auto Air has a pretty good catalog (on line, also). They may have what you're looking for, but Scott would be my first inquiry.

Neil