• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Front Tire

green56

Could some help and tell me why the front tire is rubbing the front fender not all the time but it is cutting in to the tire could it be ball joints or tie rods need help thanks Tom FRom Wisconsin

OP
OP
G

green56

Tire Rub bing

R2.25/R60/15 all the way around that is the only one that rubs the tire is a Goodrich Radial R/T

robert campbell

Tom,
I doubt that a worn front end would cause this. A P225 60R 15 is a fairly large tire, but many people have them on there cars. Are you using a stock Ford rim on your car? If not the offset of the wheel could be the problem.

The other factor is how high does you car sit on a level surface. If your car is lowered, you will have more chance of tire rubbing.

The below two links to our site are chock full of information. Look them over

Rob

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8545&highlight=tire

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9513&highlight=tire

OP
OP
G

green56

I have the Magnum 500 rims I put new leaf springs in back did not lower car I have a Alinement place I will be going to on WENSDAY this week have a set of front springs I will take them along just in case and the rubbing is only on the Passanger side

OP
OP
G

green56

front end

Have the68 GT/CS front end fixed they replaced the lower control arm abd ball joint it run nice and drives nice now I have to replace the PS Control Valve then it should drive and ride good Tom From Wisconsin