• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Help a sister out please, car fire

franklinair

Since Bob Teets retired, Willis Scharmer has taken over the things that Bob did:
hcsmustangs@aol. com He can help you.
On another point:
A STANDARD hood? What about the hood turn signal lights?
Do you have or need the hood lock pins & receptacles?

Neil

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Oh I forgot, he did put on a hood with ONE louver!!! I said, what about the other one!!! Oh he said he would get that. So let's hope the paint matches!!!
I am SO upset about how this all has been handled.
I don't even have any idea if he has the hood brackets that go underneath. HE BETTER! The guy that originally was handling all the logistics lost his job there...and I can see why. All talk and no action, lots of false promises.
Partially my fault it has taken so long as I trust too easily and I work many many hours. The days I have available to check on the car (an hour's drive away) is the day they are closed. I have a good friend who is going to go to the paint shop and exchange words with the owner.
So thank you for the connection for the pedestals. Sorry I haven't kept in contact here but it is so hard to even talk about or explain.

franklinair

And... does this body shop know where & how to mount them (thru the wide grill pieces & stone guard)?

Neil

CaliStang68

Okay folks. Remember me? Going on THREE years now for this restoration.
Engine and tranny are in, a/c getting finished up. Still many more issues with the paint and body guy who doesn't think he needs to put holes in the hood and hood pins. He just slapped a standard hood on and thinks he's done.
Grrrrrr!
So here is what I need. Fog light PEDESTALS! Who can find any? I know High Country Bob used to be our go to guy for that but has anyone taken that over? Advice please.

Thanks!

Ms. Donna,
I might have some pedestals for you. They are not NOS but they were expertly crafted and a lot folks here on this site bought some from this individual. Well I never needed them and they are just sitting in storage brand new and it sounds like you need them more than my storage does.
Let me know if I can help and I feel your pain.
Rick

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

And... does this body shop know where & how to mount them (thru the wide grill pieces & stone guard)?

Neil

I doubt it Neil. They mostly do insurance jobs on plastic cars. The owner complained to me that the reason everything was taking so long was because he had to hire a specialty guy (That knew how to paint REAL cars) and that it cost him more money to do so. So that was MY fault?

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Ms. Donna,
I might have some pedestals for you. They are not NOS but they were expertly crafted and a lot folks here on this site bought some from this individual. Well I never needed them and they are just sitting in storage brand new and it sounds like you need them more than my storage does.
Let me know if I can help and I feel your pain.
Rick

Absolutely! Send me a price Rick. Have any pictures?

rvrtrash

I wish it would have worked out that I could have done the car for you Donna. Sorry it's been such a hassle. On another note, I didn't forget about you and the fog light pedestals. I picked up another winter/temp job and all of a sudden it's become 60 hour weeks, so projects all got moved to the back burner.

Steve

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Still in need of pedestals. Anyone? I didn't get a response from Willis Scharmer yet.

franklinair

I'll check my 'stash' tomorrow- I believe I may have a spare set. PM me your mailing address. -OR- Ship the car to me and I'll install them, plus whatever else needs to be done.
(My current project will be bound for the body shop soon, and I don't want to go into withdrawal with no Mustang to work on.):embarass:

Neil

CaliStang68

Sorry again Donna. I thought I had those pedestals, but if you need those other grill related parts they are yours.

Rick