• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The GT/CS Book Layout Choice

P

PNewitt

I have chosen to make the book in such a way that the short side of the page is the binding side. It's called either a "landscape" or "flip book" layout style in the printing industry.

If you've ever seen the book series "Automobile Quarterly", they do their books like this.

When you have the book on the (coffee) table, it opens, and the pages are wide (@ 11"), and as you turn the pages, they lay flatter, and you can look at things in a wider format. I'll still be doing the 8-1/2 by 11" page size (or close to that after trimming); it will just be "sideways", compared to a common book.

I chose this, because for wide photos, I can make them bigger set within that orientation (like those huge Little Red photos I have, and the aerial shot of A.O. Smith I have). It also works better for the Registry listings, because the numbers have more room to go across the page for each car (notes and photos for each CS will be on pages after all the VIN data listings).

This makes the book look more unique (just like the car), and the hardcover texture will be a black vinyl, just like a vinyl top on a CS, with the GT/CS logo embossed in a metal (foil) on top. It will present very classy...to those who don't know what a GT/CS is, and you can whip this book out and....impress them.

Paul N.

Perkchiro

Paul: That sounds great, I'm really looking forward to it. Keep us posted as you move toward completion. I (we) appreciate all your hard work on this important project.

teamlo

Sounds awesome Paul! I just sent in my deposit. Can't wait for it to be done and available. Thanks for all the hard effort, to you and everyone else involved.