• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Brace Yurselves, Folks!...GT/CS Book Info Mailer sent out Oct 5th

P

PNewitt

Yep!!

It's done, printed and going out tomorrow (Friiday, Oct. 5th) WHEW!!!

It's a four page mailer to the (approx) 1,000 members of the GT/CS Registry.

A one-page order form for a book reservation is included, so, if you wish to pre-order a copy, you can. It's all explained in the mailer.

Here are the books' highlights:

• Only 2000 copies of the 40th Anniversary Edition will be printed.

• Every copy will be numbered and signed (by me).

• Hardcover, 200 pages in color and black and white; high quality paper.

• Chapters on History, Marketing, Recognition, Restoration, the '07/'08 GT/CS Story, The Little Red and Green Hornet Story; the HUGE 800+ car Registry, bibilo and resources guide. LOTS AND LOTS of information...!!

• It will be a Ford Licensed book, with MCA Approved Rules (pending), and approved by SAAC (Shelby American Automobile Club). What I call the "Triple Crown".

• Projected book completion, Feb 15th, 2008 (the exact 40th Anniversary of when the Mustang GT/CS was presented to the Ford Dealers in Los Angeles, at the Century City Hyatt).

The order form also has 23 questions for those who wish to supplement information about their GT/CS. I also have a list of 40th Anniv. car show sites you can choose from.

In about a week, I'll post the entire mailer here as a .pdf to those who may not be on my mailing list (so, if you get yours first, please don't post it before I can).

The wheels are now in motion.

Proudly, and as a thank you to you, the GT/CS Owners and Enthusiasts:

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar.

DeadStang

I'm jumping on this bandwagon a little late... Are you mailing this out (like USPS), or emailing?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'm jumping on this bandwagon a little late... Are you mailing this out (like USPS), or emailing?

Regular USPS Mail, letter size, stamps, etc. Are you on my mailing list? If not, you (or anyone else) can send me an SASE to receive one at:

GT/CS Registry
Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617
USA

No E-mail, but I'll post a .pdf version in about a week. That's because I'd like people to be getting theirs via regular mail to have a chance to see it first. Not everyone in my Registry is on this site, nor may they know about it (yet). I included the URL for this site in the mailer.

I also made a deal with Tony Branda for members of the registry to receive a FREE Shelby (& GT/CS) Mustang Catalog (if you contact them), if you're willing to receive it via Bulk Mail.

I've also made pre-ordering "time adjustments" for foreign country members.

Paul.

Perkchiro

Congratulations Paul on this monumental step in progressing that book forward. I'll be looking for the mailer next week, and I'll get that order form filled out and back to you pronto! Thanks!

TheBlkPearl

Fantastic

This is fantastic - people like you and everyone else on this site make the California Specials even more special. Thanks to Paul and all of you!!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Are you going to have an order limit on the books ?

No, there is no limit to order. There is a small discount if you buy (reserve) more than one copy at the same time.

We have one person willing to buy 11 books.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thank you --Thank You-- all so very much!!! Gosh! I've had a lot of behind the scenes work to do, but it will pay off when you see the mailer.

I really appreciate your support. What's neat about this, is that it's going to be a fantastic year for all of us in 2008!!

I failed to mention in my original post that I'm including a DVD with the book, in a sleeve in the back cover. It will include some TV ads, and....I have a video surprise planned, that you'll have to wait and see for yourselves when you get it!

Paul N.

our special

Thank you Paul, I'm really looking forward to the mailer because that means the book is getting closer.

I'm trying to remember what we (you) decided to do about the serial number plate for under the hood. Will this be available with the book or something that can be purchased later or has it been shelved for the time being?

Either way, bring on the book!!

Thank's again,
Dave

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I have a few items for everyone to "vote" on whether they'd buy them; so I can forward them to Ford for approval. The under hood plaque is one of them. I have a sample of one in the mailer for you to check out. I may extend the plaque idea for the '07's, too.

I think that outside of the Shelbys (SAAC) and the Boss cars (Boss Registries), that we're pretty well set as a registry, with a book and neat stuff (and website, too)..

...and, we're quite active as a group, too, which says it all to other Mustangers.

Paul N.

limelyt

how do we know if we are on the mailer list, so we do not miss the dead line for ordering? We sent our registry infomation about 2 months ago

thanks
Gary

Last edited:

68 GTCS

Thanks for the heads up Paul, your dedication and hard work on this project is GREATLY appreciated. Its getting a little chilly to pitch a tent by the mailbox, so I'll have to sleep in the Mustang. Is it here yet, is it here yet, is it here yet? :icon_ecst

Kevin

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I just finished mailing out the last of the mailers today. WHEW!!

About 300 went out last Friday, 400 went out Saturday AM, and the rest today (because of the USPS holiday yesterday).

This included about 60 to Canada, and 30 to other countries, like Australia, Norway, England, and Sweden.

Some folks in California may begin getting theirs either today or tomorrow. I think that the rest of the country will get theirs by about the 18th.

In the mailer, I ask that people send in their pre-orders with a postmark no earlier than Oct 24th. This will give most everyone a fair chance (especially of they don't go on the 'net, and/or know about this site).

Enjoy the mailer when you get it!! Lots to read!!

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

Hi Paul,
Things are moving along!! Got my mailer today. Cool!

Quick question, are we getting 1 per car or 1 per owner?

In other words, will I be getting 2 mailers, 1 for each of the 2 cars I have in the registry? Or should I make copies of the mailer and use 1 for each car?

Sorry if I missed this in an earlier post?
Thanks!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi Paul,
Things are moving along!! Got my mailer today. Cool!

Quick question, are we getting 1 per car or 1 per owner?

Thanks!

I guess that your mailer "got on the right USPS plane" to make it there so quickly! WOW!

I sent only one mailer per name/address. These cost me about a dollar each, between postage, printing, labels, etc., so I sent the minimum (I would have had Ed MacMahon deliver each and every one of them in person in a van with balloons, but that was just too costly...LOL!)

You'll need to make copies of the questionarre/order form for more than one car. Be sure to put your name on each copy.

For the late model GT/CSs, just cross out the VIN "8R01", and write in your VIN.

Thanks!

Paul N.

Stacey Enderle

Did you remember....

I just finished mailing out the last of the mailers today. WHEW!!

About 300 went out last Friday, 400 went out Saturday AM, and the rest today (because of the USPS holiday yesterday).

This included about 60 to Canada, and 30 to other countries, like Australia, Norway, England, and Sweden.

Some folks in California may begin getting theirs either today or tomorrow. I think that the rest of the country will get theirs by about the 18th.

In the mailer, I ask that people send in their pre-orders with a postmark no earlier than Oct 24th. This will give most everyone a fair chance (especially of they don't go on the 'net, and/or know about this site).

Enjoy the mailer when you get it!! Lots to read!!

Paul N.

Hi Paul!

Got mine today!!!! Yippie, yippie, yippie:flag: :flag: :flag: I'm sooooooooo Happy! Oh by the way did you remember Iceland and the Phillipines? :grin: If you didn't, don't forget those guys.

Stacey

ahainline

new member here, what do I need to do to get the mailer and app for the book your going to be selling? thanks!