• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale All Original? Lime Gold GT/CS

Mosesatm

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

SD GTCS

Why say it looks like its been repainted? It doesn't look that good does it?

There are alot of people who have never seen an original paint 1968 GT/CS, and it is a little intimadating at first. But look closer at the Photobucket photos and you will see lots of detail and assembly line correctness only left on an original paint car. Look at the black rocker sill paint-only the factory did it like that.

I have personally paint gauged this car, and it is real. Just as is advertised. Drivers fender has some paint work, and there are some spot-ins for small dents.
This is a car that was always garaged, the weatherstriping is in perfect condition (and original). I am a member of this site and have posted details of this car before to help people restore their cars correctly.

Ruppstang

I only have the picture on EBay to judge by. I saw chips with a different shad of green down the drivers rocker panel. Just had the look of a repaint. Did not mean to offend you.
Marty

SD GTCS

It's ok.
Those are chips in the sill that were touched up with a Lime Gold touch up paint that is a little darker then the older original paint. It is the same on some chips on the sides of the car. There are some chips that are not touched up, and those show Red Oxide primer thru them, as does the edge of the hood.
I am happy to answer any questions about the car.

Ruppstang

It's ok.
Those are chips in the sill that were touched up with a Lime Gold touch up paint that is a little darker then the older original paint. It is the same on some chips on the sides of the car. There are some chips that are not touched up, and those show Red Oxide primer thru them, as does the edge of the hood.
I am happy to answer any questions about the car.

Thanks good to know. I am a MCA gold card judge and I get to judge some unrestored cars. I enjoy looking at them and can learn much from them.
You would be surprised how many original paint cars we find that are full or partial repaints. That is a huge deduction in that class. The owners get upset till we point out paint lines or overspray on edges of trim. One car had been clear coated and the owner told us it is clear not paint. That did not fly.
Good luck with the sale, nice car.