• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Thank you Deadstang, xcodegtcs, and 68sunlitgold

I would just like to thank you guys for all your info and the pics. I looked over some of the aspects you guys mentioned and found out my trunk looks like the one in the pic but my grill is different and I know for a fact that I do not have the Lucus lights. It dosent appear that I have the tags on the wires for the rear lights but I do have the black bulb covering them. I will take your guys advise and go to http://www.martiauto.com.

I have another question...I have another vin # on the passenger side of the car up on the dash it reads 8R01C1522091. It is different from the one I have on the inside of my door. Do most mustangs have a vin there? Or do you think that someone just took it from a different mustang and put in there? I'm going to go by the one on the inside of the door because its bulted on there.

I would also like to say that this site has come a long way from when I first got my stang. This site is very informative and is one of a kind.

I do have some picks I just dont know how to put them up...

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The VIN at the dash should match your door. Are they different? Which one matches the title? I'd be worried if they don't match.

To post a pic just use the "Attach" feature. (at the very bottom when you're posting a new message) Has a button that says, "browse". Click it, find your pic, and it will upload.

68sunlitgold

Joe,
Your car may have been in an accident so the door could have been changed. Try to take off the aircleaner and look at the back of the block, behind the intake manifold, there should be another number stamped on the block this should match the correct VIN, if the engine has not been swapped.
Doug