• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS Big block on Ebay

mbsf1970

wowza! Sat for 6 1/2 months before being sold!! Then it was sold 1 day before my actual Birth Date....cool,
Stephen
p.s unrestored? hmmmm.must have been some fastidious owner to keep engine looking so new!

08gtcslady

If u read the write up from lakewood, they say the engine was rebuilt & cleaned...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robert campbell

There is an x code in Bremerton with factory 4 speed. Black on black. Not in the registry.....

Rob

CougarCJ

There is an x code in Bremerton with factory 4 speed. Black on black. Not in the registry.....

Rob

Oh, Uncle Rob. Have to call BS on any manual transmission X code, on 390-2V, in 1968. :wink:

Interesting that the warranty card is for 5 years. Was that a Canada thing, or could someone get an 'extended warranty' in 1968? Have only seen 2 year warranty cards.

Last edited:

Don

What do you'll think a pony like this should bring?

-Annie

IMO it is pretty difficult to value any collector car without a first hand inspection. A total re-spray and engine rebuild with only 44K total miles makes me wonder about the real history of this car.

platnumheart666

How special is an X-code as compared to, say a S-code? In equal condition, which is more desirable? I have contacted the dealership and I am awaiting a response on what they are looking to get and, I will see about some under-pics.

I don't see much of an issue with a paint and engine freshening. Yeah, 44k is low but due to the age, this is not wholly out of line.

-Annie

Don

How special is an X-code as compared to, say a S-code? In equal condition, which is more desirable? I have contacted the dealership and I am awaiting a response on what they are looking to get and, I will see about some under-pics.

I don't see much of an issue with a paint and engine freshening. Yeah, 44k is low but due to the age, this is not wholly out of line.

-Annie

I definitely agree it is not wholly out of line but it still requires first hand investigation and scrutiny. I have seen way too many "freshened up" cars that are complete nightmares underneath the lipstick and makeup. I can already tell you the re-spray is low quality based on seeing overspray on the door rubbers and such. On this particular car, due to the location, I would look for signs of serious rust out repair and quality of the repair/restoration if applicable.

Last edited:

platnumheart666

That makes sense, and after my last debacle, I definitely will have an inspection done prior to my next purchase.

I also agree, a S-code GT is awesome. A low mile S code barn find that has no issues for around $20K would be the perfect find and project for a resto!

I cannot wait.

Don

That makes sense, and after my last debacle, I definitely will have an inspection done prior to my next purchase.

I also agree, a S-code GT is awesome. A low mile S code barn find that has no issues for around $20K would be the perfect find and project for a resto!

I cannot wait.

Travel and inspect first hand (it is most of the fun). Bring a magnet, icepick, compression tester and you will be way ahead of the game. I personally would not trust anyone except for a well known, by me, agent to inspect on my behalf.

Also, with the S-code, I believe you can find them with a factory toploader if you want the thrill of the shift :grin:; you can also do a bolt on, easily reversible, conversion to a T5.

OOPs, serious brain fart, I am actually thinking about a J code vs X code (when it comes to drive ability). If you want a 390 car go for the S code.

Last edited: