• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Your thoughts on the new California Special book/registry

hcsstang

Still looking for mine. Just got back fron the Carlisle show and ran across Tony Branda and he has them for sale. He had them all wrapped up and I couldn't even look at it.

aemoo28

Bret, yours should come soon. I got mine last week. I still haven't read the whole thing. So much info- it will blow you away!

J.Bart

Amy texted me,
say's paul's book is a hit at "mustang's on the waterfront"

Wildwun360

Got my copy of the book towards the end of last week. My wife purchased it for me as a birthday gift. Great gift and well worth the wait! 224 pages filled with great photos and facts about the history, development, marketing, production, recognition and restoration of these great cars! The research and time spent by Paul on this book is evident. Great stories of " Little Red" and "The Green Hornet" proto-types will make any mustang lover very proud to own this book.

OP
OP
obwan93001

obwan93001

Got mine a week ago Monday and although I've been quite busy w/schtuff I have been able to spend a few hours going through it and am very impressed at the amount of info, data and pictures that are crammed in there. Like Amy said, "... it will blow you away!" fo sho! Good to hear it is being very well received at shows and such. Glad I bought my CS when I did for what I did! :wink:

Hope everyone is enjoying the Spring weather and getting those cars outta the gearage for some sun n fun!

Oscar

J.Bart

Got mine a week ago Monday and although I've been quite busy w/schtuff I have been able to spend a few hours going through it and am very impressed at the amount of info, data and pictures that are crammed in there. Like Amy said, "... it will blow you away!" fo sho! Good to hear it is being very well received at shows and such. Glad I bought my CS when I did for what I did! :wink:

Hope everyone is enjoying the Spring weather and getting those cars outta the gearage for some sun n fun!

Oscar

spring???

OP
OP
obwan93001

obwan93001

spring???

HAHHAAAA I knew that would draw a remark or two. I was gonna say Summer but last time I checked it's still Spring. If I'd said Summer then you'd have come back with "summer???" so either way I'd get crap. Dunno where in Udaho you're at but Boise is forecast to get to around 80 in the coming days, are you still experiencing Winter-like weather in Ea ID or did you say "spring???" because it feels like Summer there already? It has been see for miles clear and in the 80s and 90s here, I love our SoCal Spring weather and also glad to be far enough from LA w/it's crazies and smog! :icon_pani Oh, wait, me and my lil bro will be venturing into Lost Angels tomorrow to watch my Dodgers beat up on the Cubbies in a matinee game in Chavez Ravine and taking my CS too. Good excuse to drive it somewhere. :grin:

Hope everyone is or will be getting nice weather to enjoy and prayers to all those affected by the severe weather in the past weeks. My heart goes out to all of those affected by all the destruction caused by all those tornadoes, flooding and storms.

Oscar

Mosesatm

This has been bugging me so I finally have to ask; Why is the GT/CS on the cover so far to the right, and not centered? Is it supposed to be an artistic thing?

J_Speegle

This has been bugging me so I finally have to ask; Why is the GT/CS on the cover so far to the right, and not centered? Is it supposed to be an artistic thing?

Yes IMHO with the landscape layout of the book/cover the letters are off set. Much better IMHO than if they were centered

CougarCJ

Was probably going to mimic the dust jacket with that hologram picture that he talked about.

J.Bart

HAHHAAAA I knew that would draw a remark or two. I was gonna say Summer but last time I checked it's still Spring. If I'd said Summer then you'd have come back with "summer???" so either way I'd get crap. Dunno where in Udaho you're at but Boise is forecast to get to around 80 in the coming days, are you still experiencing Winter-like weather in Ea ID or did you say "spring???" because it feels like Summer there already? It has been see for miles clear and in the 80s and 90s here, I love our SoCal Spring weather and also glad to be far enough from LA w/it's crazies and smog! :icon_pani Oh, wait, me and my lil bro will be venturing into Lost Angels tomorrow to watch my Dodgers beat up on the Cubbies in a matinee game in Chavez Ravine and taking my CS too. Good excuse to drive it somewhere. :grin:

Hope everyone is or will be getting nice weather to enjoy and prayers to all those affected by the severe weather in the past weeks. My heart goes out to all of those affected by all the destruction caused by all those tornadoes, flooding and storms.

Oscar

um........ it snowed here the other day........
on the east side of the state.........
we don't seem to get spring until june

Mosesatm

Received my books today from Branda.

Very pretty and a lot of color photos but nothing earth shattering. In fact most of it was in the first book, except for the late model stuff, which I didn't read.

robert campbell

Not surprising. The research for the last few years was from a desktop and not much more. Most of the new info was on this site and already the collective part of the knowledge of this sites members. Old news available for free for the asking.

Rob

Ruppstang

I thougt it was cool that one of the debut cars was found. It is owned by Curtis Kaffer (Mustang Biz). That is who I bought our HCS from, in fact it was sitting right next to our car. I thought about buying it because of the color and all of the options but was a bit more than I wanted to spend. Now it looks like it would have been worth the investment. Marty

Perkchiro

I might just have to cancel my order with Paul, get my $200 back and order from Branda. Would have had it by now.:mad:

68gt390

For those opting to purchase from Branda, I'd do it pretty quick. I talked to them earlier this week and they mentioned they only had a few copies left. Seem to be selling pretty quick.

Don