• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear end Tag info

dbeal

I'm working on the rear end that came out of my GT/CS and the tag says: WCZ-F1 3.00 8FB 931. Is this the correct tag for my GT/CS? The rear end was replaced with an unknown rear end to tow it from the wrecking yard. How can I tell what the actual gear ratio is for the rear end?

GTCSMustang

WCZ-F1 - 1965-1970 Mustang
3.00 - 3.00:1 conventional axle ratio (not traction-lok)
8FB - 1968 June 2nd week
931 - Plant Code

Looks like it could be right depending on the build date of the car.

Scott

nfrntau

That could be the correct rear end for your GT/CS if you have a small block.
That is an 8" ring gear with 28 spline axles.

OP
OP
D

dbeal

Thanks!! It is the right axle for the car!! although the build date is off by 2 months..Thats fine by me! Now to tear it down!

Thanks again guys!

Darrell

390cs68rcode

[quote author=dbeal link=board=1;threadid=1705;start=0#msg10724 date=1116719677]
Thanks!! It is the right axle for the car!! although the build date is off by 2 months..Thats fine by me! Now to tear it down!

Thanks again guys!

Darrell
[/quote]

2 months before or after the build date?