• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

This Date In Mustang History...

BroadwayBlue

September 22, 1973

Production of Ford's smaller, more fuel-efficient 1974 Mustang II began on September 22, 1973. On the heels of being named Motor Trend magazine's "Car of the Year," the 1974 Mustang II went on to become the sixth best-selling Ford Mustang of all time.

========================
I didn't realize it won Car of the Year.

P

PNewitt

Poor little Mustang II.

For it's time "back in the day", it satisfied those who wanted fuel economy, and style....as it were.

Of course, we look back and think: What was THAT?"...

I'll say that it did have one thing we take for granted (in late model Mustangs) was it's pioneered engineering of putting rubber inbetween the frame and floor sections for a smoother ride--something used today in a lot of Fords.

I had an old girlfriend in San Diego that had a V-6 Mustang II, that I tried to work on, and, so frustrated I was, I started looking for a cliff to push it off of.

But, hey, think of all those street rods that are usingthose M-II front ends and spindles. It could be worse, it could have been a Vega.

P.N.

Diesel Donna

I remember when that car came out as well. I was living in Connecticut and working at a Chrysler Dealer. The guy also owned a Ford dealership and I was dating his son...we went out in a spanking brand new silver Mustang II, just like in the new ads. It was cool...at the time, LOL!
The following January I bought my Special.

rvrtrash

Sorry, but even back in the day, I called them Pinto II and despised them. I don't think Ford got it right again until the '05 came out. Yes, I'm an opinionated SOB but I'm comfortable with that.

Steve :cool:

Diesel Donna

Sorry, but even back in the day, I called them Pinto II and despised them. I don't think Ford got it right again until the '05 came out. Yes, I'm an opinionated SOB but I'm comfortable with that.

Steve :cool:

Hahahaaaa! I couldn't have said it better!!!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I had a friend in High School that had a white with blue stripe Mustang II Cobra. We had a blast going back and forth to track and football practice in that.

Besides they were the cars on the original Charlie's Angel series ... that has to count for something.

Farrah ("Jill") had the white Cobra as I recall. The other 2 angels had the non-Cobra models.