• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 mustang dash pad

dalorzo_f

"Best". NOS. :wink:

OEM and most reproduction look completely different. The Dashes Direst fit well, but the feel and grain are way off. As well as the shine of the finish. For cost DD is the only option (I don't think there are multiple manufacturers, but may be wrong).

A DD dyed correctly will look "OK" to most.

Surf used part sites, you can pick up OEM for not too much. I scored a nice one, with the studs pulled out by the PO (typical "rip it out, its stuck..." did not know the two sides are attached to the dash) for under $150 (but then paid that much again to ship it here to Australia).

Was saddle, but dyed it black, fixed the studs and installed it look pretty good. $15 can of rattle spray-on dye.

OEM are getting pricey, but can be found in OK shape for $150-250 if you hunt.

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

"Best". NOS. :wink:

OEM and most reproduction look completely different. The Dashes Direst fit well, but the feel and grain are way off. As well as the shine of the finish. For cost DD is the only option (I don't think there are multiple manufacturers, but may be wrong).

A DD dyed correctly will look "OK" to most.

Surf used part sites, you can pick up OEM for not too much. I scored a nice one, with the studs pulled out by the PO (typical "rip it out, its stuck..." did not know the two sides are attached to the dash) for under $150 (but then paid that much again to ship it here to Australia).

Was saddle, but dyed it black, fixed the studs and installed it look pretty good. $15 can of rattle spray-on dye.

OEM are getting pricey, but can be found in OK shape for $150-250 if you hunt.
thanks so much

dalorzo_f

Threw out the entire pad....!!!! :eek:

Its an easy fix... I use two of the lower rear valence "tabbed" studs, carve out a good solid bonding surface area, and sikaflex them in place... so far so good on two done that way...