• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Special Purchase of GT/CS Diecast Model

Ausi_CS

Without having to search back through the posts, has a price been mentioned - I assume as a bulk order price through this forum membership!

I will have to get it shipped (to Australia), and that will add to the cost.

Cheers,

Michael

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Ausi_CS said:
Without having to search back through the posts, has a price been mentioned - I assume as a bulk order price through this forum membership!

I will have to get it shipped (to Australia), and that will add to the cost.

Cheers,

Michael

I have contacted Greenlight to see when they will have the special purchase set up through Diecast Alley. Will have a price once everything gets setup.
Check this thread for future posts.

Don

P

PNewitt

Don has done an outstanding job with this project. We owe him a great "thank you" for seeing this through--and for his attention to accuracy. I am honored to have had the chance to go over the details.

I'll certainly include this model in the book.

On a related note--I have a 1:18 lime green '68 Shelby " donor car to cut up and make a Green Hornet version. It means cutting off the nose and using the hood, and making a vinyl roof. With a 1:18 '67 Shelby (outboard headlights), I will make a Little Red. I'll use the ten spoke wheels for both versions.

Paul N.

Mustanger

PNewitt said:
Don has done an outstanding job with this project. We owe him a great "thank you" for seeing this through--and for his attention to accuracy. I am honored to have had the chance to go over the details.

I'll certainly include this model in the book.

On a related note--I have a 1:18 lime green '68 Shelby " donor car to cut up and make a Green Hornet version. It means cutting off the nose and using the hood, and making a vinyl roof. With a 1:18 '67 Shelby (outboard headlights), I will make a Little Red. I'll use the ten spoke wheels for both versions.

Paul N.

Paul,

With your model-building skills in producing the above mentioned car, you could possibly create a prototype for the next die-cast model!! You may even get some Shelby buffs to pick up these cars for their "collection" ...

P

PNewitt

Well.....

I could make a few of each Shelby Prototype, with some resin cast parts--like a Paxton on a detailed 428 for the Little Red car.

And...I could custom build CS cars to match owner's cars. Paint, stripes, wheels, etc.

A '68 Trans-Am racer would be nice, too.

Interesting idea...

thanks! Paul N.

jk89cat

i too want a little blue one , and since seeing the resto of pfsilm's car (paul) , i really want this little one, will give me more motivation for the 67

PFSlim

jk89cat said:
i too want a little blue one , and since seeing the resto of pfsilm's car (paul) , i really want this little one, will give me more motivation for the 67

A big thanks for the compliments!!!!

Paul

PFSlim

We are really looking forward to the diecast. I think it will be cool to show and to keep for years to come. It is to bad everyone can't special order a color of choice.

We never thought about writing it off because it was a Cal Spec. Overall, glad we put the extra effort into it.

Paul

admin

Staff member
Administrator
68MustangHCS said:
Realistically, the majority of the cars did not have GT hubcaps
Maybe non-GT specials, but GT cars came with GT caps, right? My understanding is that the model is a GT.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

68MustangHCS said:
I see a problem with the promo maroon car, not sure if anyone else has seen it. The hubcaps appear to be GT hubcaps. Realistically, the majority of the cars did not have GT hubcaps...so can this be fixed?

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/products.html?q=products&page=viewcat&catid=5&scaleid=1

Steve;
Jon is correct. There were two versions of the CS produced, Non-GT cars and GT optioned cars. The model is being produced from my car which happens to be a GT optioned car. When Greenlight started this program of developing the CS model they wanted a GT optioned Big Block car. Therefore, the model will have GT center caps. If you view a lot of the small block cars here on the site many have added the GT caps. Myself, and no disrespect intended to those who have non-GT CS's, I prefer the GT caps. I just think it adds to the character of the car.

Don

hookedtrout

68gt390 said:
Steve;
Jon is correct. There were two versions of the CS produced, Non-GT cars and GT optioned cars. The model is being produced from my car which happens to be a GT optioned car. When Greenlight started this program of developing the CS model they wanted a GT optioned Big Block car. Therefore, the model will have GT center caps. If you view a lot of the small block cars here on the site many have added the GT caps. Myself, and no disrespect intended to those who have non-GT CS's, I prefer the GT caps. I just think it adds to the character of the car.

Don

I'm with Don, mine has plain caps now but I'm going to get the GT caps, I like the look a lot better, goes along with my GT dual exhaust rear valance. Just looks way better and it's only cosmetic.

Cory

Mosesatm

Now, what would be cool is if some creative person would make "CS" letters that would snap into the "GT" holes.

Mustanglvr

I like the plain center caps cuz I think the red center would offset the highland green on the car. I do think they look good on a white car with red stripes and a red car.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Mustanglvr said:
I like the plain center caps cuz I think the red center would offset the highland green on the car. I do think they look good on a white car with red stripes and a red car.

Rhonda;
My 68GT is highland green and I thought at first the red GT center caps would look kinda bad but, I actually like the look it gives the car. Of course I also have a white vinyl top so the center caps look good.

Don

Attachments

• 68 GT5.JPG
    68 GT5.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 39