• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale HCS in Denver

di81977

It has been on Craigslist off and on for a while. If someone is really interested and wants me to check it out, let me know.

hicountrybob

Needs a Marti report: a 6cyl with 5 lug axles & spindles?

Neil
Boy, I don't know, Neil. I bought this HCS in 1988 and my wife drove it to work into 1992 (8R01T169935). I had the exh. manifold split for duels and this is intact yet with the duel quad extensions. And I've never changed this or any other '68 Mustang to 5 lugs (sounds like a lot of work) Could somebody ck. this out, (NEIL, WHAT ARE YOU FINDING?), to see if 6 banger Mustangs were 4 or 5 lugs from the factory as I put chrome S/S wheels on this car and certainly didn't change a rear end and front end stuff to 5 lugs. This T code car is almost as rare as R codes in HCS cars (very, very few 6 cyl HCS in the registry). The owner, Jamie, called and came by our house 5-6 weeks ago with this car and it is still a very rustfree HC, little pricey, improper color, but he is very flexible $ wise. Hop on it, somebody. Bob Teets here.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
The 200 six cars (T code) should all be 4 lug from the factory.

clubpro

Jon,

I know that the 65 & 66 "T" codes had the four lug wheels, but I thought that in 67 they changed over to the five lug wheels on all of the models.

Cheers,

Ron

Mosesatm

I'm pretty sure '68s had 4-lugs. Here are a couple photos from eBay of 6-cylinder cars.

Attachments

• 4-lug.jpg
    4-lug.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 4-lug 2.jpg
    4-lug 2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 24

admin

Staff member
Administrator
My first car was a '68 coupe T code and it certainly had 4 lugs.

clubpro

That's what I love about this website. If someone has a question they can always find the answer here. Arlie thanks for the pictures!

So the question is, could you order a "T" code with 5 lug wheels?

Jon I loved your story in the book about how you got your HCS.

Cheers,

Ron

Ruppstang

I am postive that there were no 5 lug 6cil cars for 68. It is a nice mod. better brakes and wheel possibiltys Marty MCA38812