• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

rear valance

I am repainting and have a 289. I have seen both the standard rear valance and the GT cut out style. My guess is that only ones with a GT package should have the cutouts. As my car is a 289 it should have the standard rear valance, is that correct? ???

darb

That is correct, 289 never came with the GT package - therefore you will need the standard valance without the cutouts.

Although, if you dont pop your hood that often you can throw on the GT valance, and get yourself the tips - It's a modification that wont ruin the car at all as it is completely reversable. It shouldnt decrease your value you at all.

It is basically up to what you want, if you want it stock - you'll be choosing the standard.

-Brad

rjw

Mine has the GT valence and quad tips; it was added by the previous owner and looks very sharp. Most people don't know that it is not technically correct and Brad is right -- it is completely reversible. I personally think it sets off the whole Shelby style rear facia.
Richard

quicknick

Rob,
Just some words of advice should you choose to add a GT valance..... Try to find an original OEM part. Even if it needs a little body work. I have never had good luck with aftermarket rear valances. The fit and finish has been very poor on the last few I have installed. I have a customers 67 in my shop right now and am fighting with an aftermarket GT rear valance install. OEM ones are tougher to find and a lot more money, but it looks so much better and is worth the extra money and long search. Good luck, Nick

hcsstang

8) My HCS ia a 302 V4 but the thing had single exhaust. I put duals with the cut outs and tips ,I think it sure dressed it up.