• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Who is going to the Knott's Berry Farm Fabulous Ford show

joedls

[
Also, are we going to meet at the same place before the show and drive in together?

What time did everyone meet on Sunday last year? Same time this year? At the Starbucks on Beach - right?[/quote]

I think the Starbucks worked out pretty well. What time did we meet last year? I don't remember.

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

What time did everyone meet on Sunday last year? Same time this year? At the Starbucks on Beach - right?

I think the Starbucks worked out pretty well. What time did we meet last year? I don't remember.[/QUOTE]

The group I am meeting for the show made arrangements to get us in the park early we just have to help out with parking control. So I will see you all there, we are leaving early Friday morning and cruising down with about 80 to 100 Mustangs in tow.

Russ

My wife and I would love to meet everyone at Starbuck's, but we don't know the address or it's location. Is it after you get off the I-5 (?) on the left or right? We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Russ

Last edited:

joedls

My wife and I would love to meet everyone at Starbuck's, but we don't know the address or it's location. It it after you get off the 405 (?) on the left or right? We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Russ

The address is :

7711 Beach Blvd
Buena Park, CA 90620

It is close to the 91. It's quite a ways from the 405. Where will you be coming from? Will you be joining us for dinner Saturday night?

Russ

We are coming from Arcadia, and will go south on the I-605, then south on the I-5 to CA 39. I know we will be at Starbucks, but will miss the dinner. See you Sunday. Russ

joedls

We are coming from Arcadia, and will go south on the I-605, then south on the I-405 to CA 39. I know we will be at Starbucks, but will miss the dinner. See you Sunday. Russ

If you're going South on the 605, don't go all the way to the 405. Take the 91 East. Get off at the Beach Blvd. exit and head South. You'll see the Starbucks on the right, by the Wax Museum.

Russ

Joe, You are right.....the 405 is way too far south. I think we will take I-5 to Beach Blvd. See you Sunday (I hope the weather cooperates!!)
Russ

rananim

My wife Kristi and I are also up for meet at Starbuck's. Understand time to be 6:00-6:30 (Good Grief!! - leave SD around 4:30), to ensure parking with other CS's at Knott's. Is there a running count of how many will be there?
If we miss the caravan and go directly to Knott's, will they still direct us to "our kind" - cars that is :)?

joedls

My wife Kristi and I are also up for meet at Starbuck's. Understand time to be 6:00-6:30 (Good Grief!! - leave SD around 4:30), to ensure parking with other CS's at Knott's. Is there a running count of how many will be there?
If we miss the caravan and go directly to Knott's, will they still direct us to "our kind" - cars that is :)?

If you miss the caravan, you will not get to park with the other GT/CS cars. Parking is first come first serve in your class. Since there is not a specific class for our cars you wouldn't get to park with us.

Mustanger

"... the early bird gets the parking spot ..."

Yes, they'll try to direct you to the category which you registered, probably '68 coupe area. Since they're tight on parking, there's no guarantee that a) you'll find a spot next to the other Cal Specials, and b) that they (FFF Show Organizers) don't run out of room and send you to an "overflow/misc." area ... you might luck out and maybe this year there's plenty of room in the '68 coupe area and you won't have any trouble if you get there later ...

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm off to the airport in a few minutes. See everyone tonight at dinner or bright and early tomorrow.

Thanks Joe for coordinating the reservations!