• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on Craigs List in Canada

GT/CS S Code

This is currently listed on Craigs List up here in B.C. I emailed him and asked for more details and he responded with some more info. His name is Terry Johnson and he wrote:
I’m not really a Ford man as I bought this mustang for the wife and she’s not too crazy about the 4 speed. I bought the car as you see it; I have sent you a copy of the Marti report and am told this car has a few rare options, tach etc. As for the engine I think it’s a 302 and it runs real strong. I’m currently rebuilding a 1969 z28/rs and have to make room for it, so the mustang has to go. I’m asking $22,800.00. Thanks for the link. Terry

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1741201981.html

I've included the Marti report that he sent to me ...

Attachments

• Terry Johnson Marti resized.PDF
    321 KB · Views: 81

rvrtrash

If that's $22,800 Canadian, it equals $21,400 US. Wow, a 289 car with the GT equipment and not a GT package (because 289's couldn't get it). That is rare. Add in the headrests and that IS a car with rare options. To bad he didn't leave it Highland Green. Still, I would consider that car a good deal if the body is good and there isn't any rust.

Steve

CougarCJ

One of the very last ones built too. July 29, 1968.

Doug's car looks like the only higher VIN on the list.

I'm with Steve, the original Highland Green is a better color than resale red.

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

More photos ...

I went and found the photos you mentioned, but they took a little bit of effort to find, so I copied them and will post them here to save other people the time.
I've contacted Terry (the owner) via email a few times now, and it sounds like he might attend the Kamloops "Hot August Nites" event and I suggested that he bring the GT/CS to Kamloops if it hasn't sold by then. Sounds like a nice fellow and an interesting, well optioned car ...

Attachments

• Summerland GTCS.jpg
    Summerland GTCS.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Summerland GTCS 2.jpg
    Summerland GTCS 2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Summerland GTCS 3.jpg
    Summerland GTCS 3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 45
  • Summerland GTCS 4.jpg
    Summerland GTCS 4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Summerland GTCS 5.jpg
    Summerland GTCS 5.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 51

Northern Pony

I will be in the area on the week end. I may take a look on my own, but our main reason to be in the area is to visit our son, so time may be an issue. Is any one else on our site interested to know more about the car?
BoB

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Plus ...

... I also asked him for some more "full view" digital photos of the car that I could post for him ... hopefully he'll email me some soon ...
(He tried to post this info himself when I first contacted him and gave him this website address, but as a new member he couldn't create a new thread yet.)