• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What kind of mufflers do you have on your GT/CS?

classicsguy

Do you have dual exhaust even though the car does not have GT option? What brand of mufflers do you have?
Post here your exhaust preferences!!

p51

Shorty headers. Dual exhaust. 2.25" pipes. X-pipe crossover. Magnaflow straight flow-through mufflers (the longest ones that would fit). Tips with resonators. Uncalibrated butt dyno testing indicates ~5%-8% increase in hp. Better gas milage given same driving style. The exhaust has a low smooth growl - at least until I open up the trottle :grin:

rvrtrash

Mine doesn't have the GT option but I (gasp) cloned it by adding the wheels, rear valance, dual exhaust and HD springs. I still have the original rear valance and springs by the way. I'm running Tri-Y headers, 2.25 in. dual pipes and Flowmasters. I did this because I was interested in improving my gas mileage-power had nothing to do with it.:rolleyes:
Steve

Trap68

Mine was a factory stock single exhaust but I'm changing it over to dual exhaust. It will retain the stock exhaust manifolds and I'll go with the H pipe into either flowmaster or magnaflow mufflers and will be tipped with the gt-350 exhaust tips that I got last week.

Jayscal

Hi-Po exhaust manifolds with Walker Super Turbos, 2 1/4 pipe with "H" pipe.

Perkchiro

I also have HI-PO cast iron manifolds, H pipe and 2 1/4 pipe to turbo mufflers. This was part of a kit purchased from a mustang supplier (don't remember which one). It has a low growl and is not too loud which is my preference.

Steve

Mosesatm

My Magnaflows are too loud inside the car for my taste. They are fine outside the car. The Walkers may be a better choice for a more refined sound.

imported_tree

mufflers

Perkchiro said:
I also have HI-PO cast iron manifolds, H pipe and 2 1/4 pipe to turbo mufflers. This was part of a kit purchased from a mustang supplier (don't remember which one). It has a low growl and is not too loud which is my preference.

Steve
How much did you pay for the k-code hi-po manifolds.the catalogs that i have looked at in the states (common ones) are about 275 us. up here they want about 385-425 can. and can you find them second hand. just a silly. question. thanks terry................................

Diesel Donna

I have absolutely no idea what mufflers I have on the car. But I want what Perkchiro has, or Flowmasters. Wouldn't mind changing my rear valance panel for quads either.
I had glass packs with holes in it for so many years that by the time I put a quiet muffler on, I loved it. Now I want to be noisy again.

BroadwayBlue

My car was a non-GT.
Previous owner added a dual exhaust.
I'm planning on putting some extensions and turndown tips on the end since they didn't carry the muffler all the way out the back of the car.
It's a little loud I think, curious to see how the extensions change that if at all.

Mustanglvr

The previous owner added dual exhaust on mine. Not sure what kind, but it has a nice sound. People know its something worth looking at when they hear it coming down the street. The sound always makes them look up.
What would have come factory for exhaust on a T-code? How about a C-code?

LUVMYCS

Mustanglvr said:
The previous owner added dual exhaust on mine. Not sure what kind, but it has a nice sound. People know its something worth looking at when they hear it coming down the street. The sound always makes them look up.
What would have come factory for exhaust on a T-code? How about a C-code?

I believe single exhaust for both. Can anyone confirm?

Mustanger

imported_tree said:
How much did you pay for the k-code hi-po manifolds.the catalogs that i have looked at in the states (common ones) are about 275 us. up here they want about 385-425 can. and can you find them second hand. just a silly. question. thanks terry................................

Terry,

A less expensive alternative would be to look into '69 351W exhaust manifolds, several other people have tried them and like them (similar to hi-po exhaust manifolds at a lower cost) ...

68gt390

I'm running Flowmaster 40 series delta flow through 2.5" aluminum pipes. I like the sound better than the original 40 series. The Delta Flow series still gives you the original flowmaster sound but, helps quiet it down some inside the car. With the big block and full length headers she definitely sounds healthy.

Don :grin: