• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS vinyl top protectant/detailing

daveS

Looking for the best product to use on they vinyl top of my GT/CS. The car stays in the garage with a cover, but the top is starting to look a bit dry. Any advice on what would be best to apply to the top?

stangfan

I recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant very highly. I had a 67 years ago with an original, but very dried out vinyl top. After an application of 303, it looked brand new. I use it for almost all vinyl and rubber surfaces. Incredible stuff. :grin:

Edward Bodoh

Vinyl top

303 is very good. I've been using 303 on my very top for waterproofing. For my CS vinyl top I use Meguiars Supreme shine hi gloss protectant. Preservant for vinyl rubber and plastic. My top was in good shape but DRY when I bought car last year. Meguiars has done the job for me.