• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Battery Amps

Talan423

was wondering if you guys could tell me how many cold cranking amps you have in your batteries? i have a semi-new (1 year old) motorcraft battery in my gt/cs. it has 685 CCA's, should this be enough for my car? i'm having trouble with starting. if i put my charger on my battery and try and start it, it works fine. i can get about 2 turns of the key and it will die. it will not turn at all if i have my lights turned on. want to know if it's my battery (not enouh cca's) or maybe the alternator isn't giving it a good charge? had to get a jump at the gas station today, don't want to go through that again.

thanks
tom

OP
OP
T

Talan423

anybody????? could it possibly be my voltage regulator? it is a brand new (repro) one. i have heard horror stories about these.

thanks
tom

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=Talan423 link=board=1;threadid=986;start=0#msg5553 date=1088647620]
anybody????? could it possibly be my voltage regulator? it is a brand new (repro) one. i have heard horror stories about these.

thanks
tom
[/quote]
I had a similar issue with the 383 powered Plymouth Fury I recently sold. If the choke wasn't shut completely, then the engine wouldn't fire. When the choke was closed it was still real cold blooded. I replaced the voltage regulator and it would start almost instantly no matter where the choke was. I still haven't figured out the link with the choke and why that let the car start or not, but the new regulator changed everything.