CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/23/2006, 07:31 PM   #151
PNewitt

Hey Doug!

First of all--the best to you on your next mission. You have quite a following here--that greatly respect you!

Thanks for the info, and I'll hold out a book or two (and other goodies) for you.

When you get back, we'll find a way to help you get your CS the way you want it.!

Take care....and we're thinking of ya,

Paul.
Old 07/24/2006, 07:44 PM   #152
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Hi Paul,

I mailed off 2 copies of the Marti Report and 3 photos of my CS. If there's anything that I'm missing please let me know. I had sent it off by priority mail so it should arrive to your destination either tomorrow (July 25th) or day after. Please reserve one of your books and a diecast model of a royal maroon CS. I'm dying to get those!

Stacey
Stacey Enderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2006, 12:00 PM   #153
8milereb

Cs Registry

I have tried now unsuccessfully for a week to submit my GT/CS information to your Registry. When I hit send at the bottom of the application page I get an error report saying the web site/page/link I am attempting to send this to does not exist.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Mark
8milereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2006, 10:24 PM   #154
admin
Administrator
My Car Details

Just your friendly neighborhood webmaster...

My Garage
Mark,

See my response to your post in the Test and Help forum.

Submitting to the online form is not the quickest way to get to Paul, and will not get to him in time for the new book. Please snail mail it to him directly (and ASAP) for inclusion in the book.

admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/2006, 07:27 PM   #155
PNewitt

AS OF August 14th, here are the latest arrivals to the Registry:

J. Hanna (thank you! Shirt, list, and your Marti report w/ photos)

Bob Teets--I got the cards

E. Stinson

R. Furstnow (2 cars)

J. Speegle

P. Thoren

M. Davis (via G. Davis)

D. Culwell (I got the candles!) Yuu!
Old 08/15/2006, 08:33 PM   #156
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Hahahahaaaaa!!

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2006, 08:18 AM   #157
Mark Puls
My Car Details

My Garage
I just purchased a CS last week. I have the Marti report and would like to get in the registry if it is not to late. What is the quickest way to get my scanned copy of the Marti and pictures to Paul.
Mark Puls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2006, 08:21 AM   #158
Mosesatm

See post #127 in this thread.

This getting older ain't for cowards. - John Mellencamp
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2006, 08:18 PM   #159
jc68gtcs

Paul, what is the best way to verify that you recieved my info for the registry? I know that you get a lot of this.. Sorry..

68 GT/CS, Seafoam Green, 302, 4 Speed w/Air
jc68gtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2006, 09:48 PM   #160
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Puls
I just purchased a CS last week. I have the Marti report and would like to get in the registry if it is not to late. What is the quickest way to get my scanned copy of the Marti and pictures to Paul.
Welcome to the site Mark! Glad you`re here. We`re just one big happy family!

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2006, 12:28 PM   #161
PNewitt

Book Update!!

A GT/CS Recognition Guide Update:

There's a lot going on right now, but I'll give you a peek....

1. We obtained some terrific information from Kevin Marti (Marti Autoworks). This includes specific numbers of items for the GT/CS and the HCS. Such as: DSOs, Colors, Engine-Trans, interiors, etc., etc.. I think you'll be amazed at what you'll see, and discover just how rare your GT/CS or HCS really is!

2. I have acculimated over 1500 photos (20 years worth), all converted to Photo CDs.

3. There are some new folks to interview, such as a worker at A.O. Smith, and a few from the Milpitas Ford plant. I also have a contact that was there when they raced the '68 Trans Am cars, that "temporarily" used the GT/CS spoilers.

4. Every word of both books (1989, 1996) had been transcribed to disc for the new book. The entire amount of material (about 80,000 words) will need to be edited by myself. It's looking like 200 pages, hardbound, with some pages in color.

5. New features include: CS-specific electrical items restored, Vintage/Shelby performance parts, and San Jose (Milpitas) Plant specific concours guidelines. Concours restoration will be shown in great detail--with easy to follow procedures for the hobbyist. The "L'il Red", and the "Green Hornet" histories will be included. Also--a section on the 2007/2008 GT/CS, with production history and numbers.

6. Charts, graphs, flow chart, and cross-referenced production information.

7. Registry: Every form is being organized by hand, determined by VIN. Newer forms will be clipped to the old forms, to identify new owners, new info, photo CDs, Marti reports, letters, notes, etc. This has become a VERY tedious project, outside of just doing the book.

8. Other items being put together for production (pending legal-trademark & copyright approval), are GT/CS Decals, HCS Decals, 40th Anniversary Decals, Under-hood identifier plaques, deluxe key fobs, and possibly t-shirts.

9. I am aiming at spring '07 release for the book and most of the above. This should coincide with the Knott's Berry Farm FORD show.

10. A promotional information sheet, with a few survey questions is being put together right now, and mailed sometime in November. We are currently finishing up the 1200 name list. I will accept pre-orders for the book at that time (with numbered copy priority). This will be done ONLY by mail, and not through the internet (i.e. this site). This is because many owners do not go on the 'net, and I wish to give equal opportunity to order a preferred, early numbered and signed copy. I will offer the decals (and maybe something else (secret)) that can be sent out right away.

I hope that you understand that if I can't answer your questions or private messages here, it's because I'm 'buried" here in my work. This is my primary project right now, sometimes requiring 12-hour days and weekends, too.

Thanks so much for your support and interest!

Paul M. Newitt
Old 10/16/2006, 04:27 PM   #162
gt bandit
My Car Details

Down Under Thunder

sounds great Paul , save an early copy for us O/seas comrades please. maybe in line with my last 3/4 Vin numbers ?

68 J/R code special - 2007 Turbo Territory - Mercedes CLK 2008
gt bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2007, 10:42 PM   #163
PNewitt

Jan 2007 GT/CS Registry--numbers by state & country.

Here is an update from the GT/CS Registry. Not since 1996 has there been this type of information. I did a count within the registry to determined just how many cars, registered with names, are in each state. Since not everyone "everywhere" in the US (and a few other countries) has registered their (1968) GT/CS, this is at best a good thumbnail estimate of how many cars are out there, and by state.

A better, detailed listing and analysis of these numbers will be in the upcoming book. The total cars listed with addresses in the Registry is 684 (16% of total original production) , but the Registry has close to 1100 (27% of total original production) cars listed from many sources.

California (both Northern and Southern) still has 34% of all cars in the registry (in the U.S.) The Colorado numbers, as well as parts of those surrounding states are mostly HCS cars, but are included.

Note that after almost 40 years, cars in certain states have declined, by "natural attrition", due to bad weather of daily driving, etc. Some folks in certain states here will find that they have a GT/CS that is extremely rare, like in Mississippi, South Carolina, Maine, Arkansas, etc. What is the real suprise is that Arizona was sent many, many cars in 1968, but only have 20 have been registered today.

So--by the numbers are the distribution of 1968 GT/CS Mustangs:

California: 235 (No. Cal - 112, So Cal. - 123)

Colorado - 43 (thanks to Bob Teets' HCS Registry)
Texas - 38
Washington St. - 30

Oregon - 27
Arizona - 20

Illinois - 19

Michigan - 18 Missouri - 18

Florida - 17

New Mexico - 15

Minnesota - 13 Oklahoma - 13

Utah - 12

Indiana - 11 Ohio - 11

New York - 9

Montana - 8 Idaho - 8

Georgia - 7 Virginia - 7 Iowa - 7

Alabama - 6

Massachusetts -5 Arkansas - 5 Pennsylvania - 5
Maryland - 5 South Dakota - 5 North Dakota - 5

Nebraska - 4 Alaska - 4 Wyoming - 4 New Jersey - 4

Wisconsin - 3 Hawaii - 3 Kentucky - 3 Kansas - 3

Tennesee - 2 Lousianna - 2 Maine - 2 West Virginia - 2
Connecticut - 2 Puerto Rico - 2

New Hampshire - 1 South Carolina - 1 Mississippi - 1

----------------------------

Foreign:

Canada: 41 total, (of that, B.C.: 20)
Australia - 7
New Zealand -1
Sweden - 2
UK - 1

--------------

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar
Old 01/29/2007, 07:56 PM   #164
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt
Here is an update from the GT/CS Registry. Not since 1996 has there been this type of information. I did a count within the registry to determined just how many cars, registered with names, are in each state. Since not everyone "everywhere" in the US (and a few other countries) has registered their (1968) GT/CS, this is at best a good thumbnail estimate of how many cars are out there, and by state.

A better, detailed listing and analysis of these numbers will be in the upcoming book. The total cars listed with addresses in the Registry is 684 (16% of total original production) , but the Registry has close to 1100 (27% of total original production) cars listed from many sources.

California (both Northern and Southern) still has 34% of all cars in the registry (in the U.S.) The Colorado numbers, as well as parts of those surrounding states are mostly HCS cars, but are included.

Note that after almost 40 years, cars in certain states have declined, by "natural attrition", due to bad weather of daily driving, etc. Some folks in certain states here will find that they have a GT/CS that is extremely rare, like in Mississippi, South Carolina, Maine, Arkansas, etc. What is the real suprise is that Arizona was sent many, many cars in 1968, but only have 20 have been registered today.

So--by the numbers are the distribution of 1968 GT/CS Mustangs:

California: 235 (No. Cal - 112, So Cal. - 123)

Colorado - 43 (thanks to Bob Teets' HCS Registry)
Texas - 38
Washington St. - 30

Oregon - 27
Arizona - 20

Illinois - 19

Michigan - 18 Missouri - 18

Florida - 17

New Mexico - 15

Minnesota - 13 Oklahoma - 13

Utah - 12

Indiana - 11 Ohio - 11

New York - 9

Montana - 8 Idaho - 8

Georgia - 7 Virginia - 7 Iowa - 7

Alabama - 6

Massachusetts -5 Arkansas - 5 Pennsylvania - 5
Maryland - 5 South Dakota - 5 North Dakota - 5

Nebraska - 4 Alaska - 4 Wyoming - 4 New Jersey - 4

Wisconsin - 3 Hawaii - 3 Kentucky - 3 Kansas - 3

Tennesee - 2 Lousianna - 2 Maine - 2 West Virginia - 2
Connecticut - 2 Puerto Rico - 2

New Hampshire - 1 South Carolina - 1 Mississippi - 1

----------------------------

Foreign:

Canada: 41 total, (of that, B.C.: 20)
Australia - 7
New Zealand -1
Sweden - 2
UK - 1

--------------

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Paul,

Wasn't there one car in the Phillipines and another in Iceland?

Stacey
Stacey Enderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2007, 08:46 PM   #165
PNewitt

Hi Stacey!

Yes, you are right. We have "one more box" to look at and tie up some loose ends. This is a long,tedious process.

Getting more cars registered will help everyone.

thanks!

Paul.

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions