• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 2009 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals

2009 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals Attendance

• I will be attending with my 1966-1967 HCS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BroadwayBlue

***** NEW THREAD - PLEASE USE THIS ONE *****
NOTE: This is a new thread that is a copy of the original thread on this subject. This new thread has been created due to a problem with the original poll. Basically I screwed up and Jon is being his usual helpful self to straighten out my mistake.
All voting and posts from the other thread will be moved here so no need to re-vote or re-post if you already did. Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I'm working with Carlisle again so we can have a GT/CS and HCS class at the 2009 Carlisle All Ford Nationals.

I have approached them this year with the option of splitting the early and late model cars into separate classes. This looks like it will be possible.

The classes would most likely be:
1968 GT/CS and HCS
and
2007+ GT/CS

What I really need to pull this off is some help in finding out the number of attendees we can expect. Last year we ended up with a lot more cars than I knew about and we ran out of room in the spot they gave us. This caused a number of cars to have to park in other areas.

Once I have some idea on the numbers I can report back to the Event Director and workout the details.

If we get 25 cars pre-registered by May 19th, we qualify for a free 20x20 tent for the weekend.

A key to this is having the 25 cars enter
"CaliforniaSpecial.com" as the club on their registration form. I know some people register with their other car club names so they qualify for a tent. That's fully understandable. This may cause us to miss the 25 limit but it's worth a shot. If someone is coming that is going to be in a different non-GT/CS class and has no other club affiliation, they can enter "CaliforniaSpecial.com" as well.

Make sure you indicate GT/CS or HCS as your model if you register online so you are entered in the GT/CS classes if that's where you want to be.

This year the dates are June 5th to June 7th.

I am adding a poll to this thread to get an idea on how many people are planning on attending.
If you are unsure at this time please post that in this thread or PM me with info on the changes that you may attend and I'll follow up with you later.

If you're unsure please don't vote in the poll until you have a better idea of your plans since you can't change your vote.

Info for the show can be found here
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/index.asp

Here are pictures from last year...

GT/CS and HCS specific pics
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/5136136_9DVfa/1/310427648_BcMDf

Friday CJ Pony Parts Drive
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/5136347_6tonV/1/310437769_Kte3Z

Gallery of all photos from the 2008 Carlisle weekend
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/5136428_wcWQp/1/310466637_jWuRF

Looking forward to another great turnout of GT/CS and HCS cars at Carlisle this year and getting together with everyone!!! Hopefully this can be an annual CS/HCS get together.

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!!

Ladystang

We signed up a month ago. With our group, Badponyclub. Think we have 3 other cs's signed up with them also.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

We signed up a month ago. With our group, Badponyclub. Think we have 3 other cs's signed up with them also.

Hi!
Did they put you in a CS class?
If they split the years this year you want to call back to make sure they put you in the correct class.
Looking forward to another great gathering of Fords and Mustangs

QuarterHorse

Hi!
Did they put you in a CS class?
If they split the years this year you want to call back to make sure they put you in the correct class.
Looking forward to another great gathering of Fords and Mustangs

If I remember correctly, you don't know where you were placed until you arrive at registration on the fairgrounds.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

If I remember correctly, you don't know where you were placed until you arrive at registration on the fairgrounds.

I think you're right. I know online registration doesn't give you the option, but I know last year when people called in to register they told me they found out then there was a GT/CS class. For some not on this site, that's how they found out.

I don't recall doing anything online other than putting CaliforniaSpecial.com in the club so that may have alerted them to put me in that class.

If you're entering a different club, and want to be in a GT/CS class, then I would put GT/CS or California Special as the model if you don't call in.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks to everyone who revoted on this thread. Sorry for any confusion.

This will be a big help to me to let Carlisle know how many cars we're expecting and which years.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

HCS and GT/CS get mentioned

Hey Everyone,

Got an email update from Carlisle today.

The High Country Specials and GT/CS cars got a mention, see the attached.

A few months to go. Still looking for more replies on who is coming so I can report back. So far only 2 people from last year are not able to make it. Hoping for another good All Years East Coast GT/CS and HCS reunion

They are also working on getting a display of 45 Mustangs representing all 45 years.

Info on planned events are available here: http://carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

COUNTDOWN TO

ALL-FORD NATIONALS 2009
69 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes, 25 seconds

Attachments

• Carlisle All-Ford Update 2009-03.pdf
    127.4 KB · Views: 47

QuarterHorse

Hey Everyone,

Got an email update from Carlisle today.

The High Country Specials and GT/CS cars got a mention, see the attached.

A few months to go. Still looking for more replies on who is coming so I can report back. So far only 2 people from last year are not able to make it. Hoping for another good All Years East Coast GT/CS and HCS reunion

They are also working on getting a display of 45 Mustangs representing all 45 years.

Info on planned events are available here: http://carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

COUNTDOWN TO

ALL-FORD NATIONALS 2009
69 days, 20 hours, 27 minutes, 25 seconds

Cool Rich! Looking forward to it this year. This will be my third year in a row.

Skip

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

COUNTDOWN TO
ALL-FORD NATIONALS 2009 - 35 days

Hi Everyone,
Just a reminder to make sure you register for Carlisle and specify CaliforniaSpecial.com as your club affiliation.

If you are registering for your "home" club and trying to qualify for a tent and are entering that club name then I would recommend putting GT/CS as your model. This will help them gauge how many cars.

It is important to complete this by May 18th so they can get an idea on the number of cars we have and hopefully get the years broken down as we requested.

One class for 68 GT/CS and HCS and one class for 2007+ GT/CS.

Looks like a good turnout of 2007+ cars this year.
We're going to be down a few 68's but hoping we get a few newcomers to make up the difference.

Please feel free to PM me with any specific questions - I'll do my best to answer them.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Reminder to register

Hi Everyone,

I talked to Carlisle yesterday and no confirmation yet on if we'll have enough people to split the CS/HCS class this year between 68's and late models.

They can't confirm until the pre-registations are complete on 5/18.

Soooo - Please make sure you register by 5/18 and specify CaliforniaSpecial.com as your club affiliation or GT/CS as your model to help them see the number of pre-registered cars.

If you have already registered and did not specify GT/CS you can call back and modify your registration.

You also save $10 if you register by that date as well. $40 for the whole weekend and admission for 2 people before 5/18 and $50 after that date.

If they don't see enough pre-registrations we may not get a split class this year.

We have 2-3 68 cars not coming from last year already and Tom and Joel's cars are going to be in the Invitation building. Hopefully they get counted. The late models seem to be the same or higher than last year.

I've gotten little response on my emails off the site so it's hard for me to judge what the real numbers are so the best way to do it is to register as described above so they can see the pre-registration numbers.

Thanks!!

Also - the giveaway car this year is a 1969 T-Bird.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Carlisle Program available online

The program for this year's All-Ford Nationals is now available online.

You can find Tom HCS and Joel's CS cars on page 19 or 21 depending on how your adobe displays page numbers.

http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/pdf/2009_Ford_Directory_web.pdf

Also from another thread, I attached an ad that features Joel's car.

The GT/CS and HCS cars are starting to rule the Northeast US :grin:

Attachments

• Carlisle Ad In Mustang and Ford.pdf
    365.4 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Here are the pages with Joel's car across the top as a banner and Tom and Joel's car in the invitational section.

As a side note - the 32 roadster at the top of the first page is a guy that lives a few miles from me. He has an awesome Mustang collection. His cars have been in a few magazines.

Attachments

• Page 17 from 2009_Ford_Directory_web.pdf
    260.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Page 19 from 2009_Ford_Directory_web.pdf
    248.4 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Carlisle Classes Confirmed

Hey Everybody,

I heard back from Rick Markko at Carlisle today.

He confirmed that there will be 2 GT/CS and HCS classes this year.

The classes should be as follows:

1968 GT/CS and HCS
2005+ GT/CS

Hopefully they park us close together.

They also announced that one of the World's Fair Mustangs will be there as well.
http://www.worldsfaircommunity.org/index.php?showtopic=9206

1 week to go!!! :icon_ecst

Last edited:

QuarterHorse