CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/15/2005, 11:48 AM   #1
PNewitt

2005 Registry Update Thread

I'm wrapping up my other book project this week, and am NOW ready to dive into the new 2005 GT/CS Registry Book project.

This book will be the compilation of both the 1988 and 1996 books, with some great new items--along with some "secret goodies" that I'm sure you'll all like!

What I need to know is: What would YOU like to see in this book?? Every idea or suggestion is encouraged. Service parts and procedures? More concours info? History? Recognition?

I will be listing the cars in the registry, (name, VIN, Door Tag info) with boxes checked (or not) for "concours/driver/custom/orig. owner, etc. and if a copy of the invoice, window sticker and/or Marti report in included. I will also mention if it's won any trophies or awards.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions--

This thread (sticky?) will keep you posted on the book's progress. Target date for completion is Fall 2005.

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Old 05/15/2005, 01:36 PM   #2
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
Re:2005 Registry Update Thread

can you confirm on this thread the deadline for getting info to you about our cars? I have one coming this week and want to update it in the new book. It has been in both the previous ones. It is S code one in my sig line below.

I would like to know where to find the foam tape deck lid "seal" in the first book page 46. Who makes this and if no one is making it let's make up a "correct" one and reproduce it ourselves if need be.

I would like to see in the new book on finding the small details like this to make the cars 100% correct.
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2005, 03:05 PM   #3
PNewitt

Just to let everyone know, I will work on the body of the book first, then work on the registry.

I will do a mailing to everyone (on the mailing list), and ask for any updates, if they need/want to get a Marti report, etc..--and about the book for sale, advance orders, etc.

So--all of this will take place during late this summer. Anyone who wishes to send in their registration info (and many already have--thank you) with photo(s) of their car may so from right now, to about late August 2005.

Paul.
Old 07/03/2006, 05:12 PM   #4
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Your Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt
Just to let everyone know, I will work on the body of the book first, then work on the registry.

I will do a mailing to everyone (on the mailing list), and ask for any updates, if they need/want to get a Marti report, etc..--and about the book for sale, advance orders, etc.

So--all of this will take place during late this summer. Anyone who wishes to send in their registration info (and many already have--thank you) with photo(s) of their car may so from right now, to about late August 2005.

Paul.
Your first two books, the information from those. Will the the registration of the earlier cars be included in your latest book?

Stacey
Stacey Enderle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2006, 06:47 PM   #5
390cs68rcode
My Car Details

Have you driven your CS or Cobra Jet today?

eBay: jbsteven1

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey Enderle
Your first two books, the information from those. Will the the registration of the earlier cars be included in your latest book?

Stacey

yes

2005 Ford GT (2000hp)226.2 mph in the standing mile, 2008 Superleggera UGR X Version (2000+hp),2014 S63, 89 IROC 30k miles, 150 shot NOS
390cs68rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/24/2006, 07:44 PM   #6
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Hi Paul,

I mailed off 2 copies of the Marti Report and 3 photos of my CS. If there's anything that I'm missing please let me know. I had sent it off by priority mail so it should arrive to your destination either tomorrow (July 25th) or day after. Please reserve one of your books and a diecast model of a royal maroon CS. I'm dying to get those!

Stacey
Old 05/15/2005, 08:20 PM   #7
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage

Paul,
Something I thought of and don't remember anyone ever mentioning. I would like to see color photos included. For instance the new GT/CS introduction photos, etc. (maybe they were B&W to begin with?).
When you ask things we would like to see such as "Service parts and procedures? More concours info? History? Recognition?"
Yes Please, comes to mind.
Regardless of how much (or little) information you add to your book it will be with out a doubt the most comprehensive GT/CS book/guide/manual in the world. That's quite a feat. As a GT/CS owner, a consumer and most importantly a friend (I hope) I would like to know as much about these cars as possible.
I've stated it before but will do so again. If there is anything I can do to assist you with your book all you need to do is ask. Until then, I will be sitting in the bleachers anxiously awaiting your newest masterpiece.
Thank you for your time and effort.
BIll
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2005, 08:23 PM   #8
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage

I also think that words like sequentialling and gocartish should be included somewhere in your book. lol
Old 05/15/2005, 08:55 PM   #9
PNewitt

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=0#msg10563 date=1116213812]
I also think that words like sequentialling and gocartish should be included somewhere in your book. lol
[/quote]

Ya betcha! LOL!! ::)
Old 05/16/2005, 06:50 AM   #10
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage

http://www.1968cobra.com/Restoration.HTML
Paul on thsi webpage the writer says

"I have found a vintage Ford microfische machine with a copy of the 1968 Master Parts Catalog to assist in parts identification. I have notes and pictures from dozens of unrestored cars and I continue to work on cars daily"

Do you think he may have and possible share some tidbits for your book you may not already have?
Old 05/16/2005, 09:34 AM   #11
PNewitt

That's a great idea, and I appreciate the offer to check it out, but I bought the whole paper version (about six 3" binders full of paper) some years ago.

It's a neat book to have, too. It has everything!!

Thanks for thinking of this,

Paul N.

Old 07/05/2006, 08:20 PM   #12
Stacey Enderle
My Car Details

Smile Decor option

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt
That's a great idea, and I appreciate the offer to check it out, but I bought the whole paper version (about six 3" binders full of paper) some years ago.

It's a neat book to have, too. It has everything!!

Thanks for thinking of this,

Paul N.
Hi Paul,

I'm wondering what all features the decor option had (the woodgrain on dash, door panels etc.) and how many cars had that feature put in, how many are left.

Stacey
Old 05/16/2005, 10:27 AM   #13
meadowsdk28

"It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you are not."

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=0#msg10564 date=1116215717]
[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=0#msg10563 date=1116213812]
[/quote]

And Swammi!

So, if my car was in the 96 under an old owners name and Bob Teets knows all my new info, I should be good unless I want to get a Marti report, right?[/quote]
meadowsdk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2005, 10:36 AM   #14
PNewitt

Bob and I are sharing all information, and I hope to make a separate HCS listing in the Registry.

My approach is to go over everything, and look at any new information. Not exactly "from scratch", but look for any updates.

Did you send Bob a copy of the orig. invoice? if not, I would advise getting the Marti Report (which, I think SHOULD say "HCS" in the basic report). Some HCS owners have had a problem not getting "HCS" listed, but CS listed instead, with a DSO of 51.

Paul N.
Old 09/28/2007, 09:12 AM   #15
73pony
My Car Details

Paul, Are you taking registrations for the 2007 GT/CS? I own a redfire GT/CS vert.
73pony is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions