• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Restomod Clone

Mosesatm

This is the cover car for Mustang Plus' recent catalog/magazine called, "Restomod Daze".

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

It looks like a 67 Shelby coupe. Gives new meaning to the question "What is it?" lol

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

It looks like a 67 Shelby coupe. Gives new meaning to the question "What is it?" lol

You're right Rhonda, it does look like a Shelby coupe. Sort of a purple Little red.

I probably shouldn't have called it a "clone".

I like it, though, and I appreciate the owner using a standard coupe instead of using a GT/CS or HCS for his restomod.

P

PNewitt

Thanks, Arlie for providing the .pdf file. (BTW--how's your CS coming along?)

Not a bad looking modified.

In a "nitpicky" way, I'd change the following:

- Lose those gaudy chrome speaker grilles on the kick panels

- Lose the black paint on the taillight grilles.

- Raise the fog lights. I always thought that small fog lights mounted so low like that looked "wimpy". I'd also leave the grille blank--no horse or snake or anything.

Interesting that they admitted that original GT/CSs should be restored, and that they are getting a lot of $$ these days.

Paul N.