• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Consumer issue, NPD vs. Mustangs Unlimited

rananim

I had very different experiences with two parts suppliers that I would like to pass on.
I ordered a pair of Ivy Gold kick panels from NPD and they arrived a few days later, but were not a good match (either to the originals or the newer seat covers). NPD credited my account immediately and told me to dispose of the panels. I was impressed. I then ordered the panels from Mustangs Unlimited and sure enough, they came in same way: did not match, poor quality. I reported it and they agreed to refund me the cost of the panels, less S&H, and I would have to send them back at my cost. I was willing to send them back, but refused to pay for the costs, as a matter of principle. After talking to a supervisor for a while, and his presumabley looking at my purchase record with them, he reluctantly agreed to do what NPD did.
I don't mean for this to sound like a whine, but wanted to pass along info for those of you who are still doing business online with parts houses.
If anyone would like to have these kick panels, I will be happy to send them along, at my cost.