• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007 GT/CS Production Number

P

PNewitt

I have yet to confirm this, but here is what I just got from my friend at Harrold Ford in Sacramento:

THEY WILL ONLY PRODUCE 8,750 CAL SPECIALS

That is more than twice the original 1968 production, and about four times the number of the original cars out there today.

This is the first time this number has been published--anywhere on the net. You heard it here first!

More to follow. Details of this number will be in the new book.

Paul N.

p.s. Jan Howell at Harrold Ford has "secured" two of the new CS cars for sale. White and Red. Those who are on the list (private messaged me) have "first dibs". These cars are also "loaded" with options. ( www.harroldford.com)

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I was just told that that number is not correct.

"If" and when I get it, I'll pass it on. The number I got must be from the dealer network. Things like ordering, demand, etc., will affect the final number. With the cuts at Ford, what is projected, and what is built (just like in '68) we may see an even different number.

I can say that the first CS rolled off the line yesterday, May 8th, 2006.

I'll keep you posted as things progress.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

p.s. you'll get your wish, too.....It's around for a two year hitch, so there will be a new GT/CS for the 40th anniversary!

The (present) production number "8750", may mean the total for the two years, which would put it at 4,375.....very close to the original production in '68 (4,117).

Paul N.