• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Forming GT/CS Chapter in SVT Owner's Assoc.

P

PNewitt

I've been talking with Marcie Cipriani and Jayson Demchak of SVTOA (Special Vehicles Team Owner's Association) about forming a chapter dedicated to the GT/CS. This is primarily a late model club, but the early cars are welcome, too.

So, this would include the 1968 GT/CS (and HCS), and the 2007, 2008, and 2009 GT/CS.

If you would like to read about the club, and how hard they are working you can read about it in the Oct. 2008 Mustang Monthly, page 62-64.

You can also look at their website-- www.svtoa.com

Please give me your feedback about this...(this would not affect the GT/CS registry in any way, it's just another extension of it). I went for this, because I feel that the late model CS owners deserved a place in SVTOA.

thanks!

Paul

franklinair

I don't know the definition or meaning of 'bleck'. That being said, I am content with this website and the duality of early & late model C/S's. Other websites are OK with me, but I'll stay put here. This is where I'm comfortable.

Neil

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Not sure what prompted that response Amy...(you own an '07, right?)

SVTOA is a very good organization, run by very enthusiastic and nice people (which, BTW I sent them to this URL to watch).

It's not the Shelby Club. This club is into ALL Fords, mostly the late model Mustangs.

When more late model CS owners see this thread, we'll get better responses.

Paul N.

HappyHour

2008 2008 2008 GT/CS. 1968 too.

I think somone needs a timeout. :wink:

Im new to this and not really interested in more "formal" channels, there is something to be said about people who hangout family style and make things happen just for late and early CS enthusiasts. It was nice being the "blacksheep" of the wanna be Shelbys.

That being said I guess there may be some benefits that can be raised by assimulation I mean membership to the larger Ford family.

cnassif

Paul,
As you see it, what are the advantages to the SVT Owners Association. I'm not familiar with them and would like to know what prompted you to make this connection.

Doug

I hope that I am not opening up a can of worms but is this being done for the love of the newer CS or for profit purposes? If so great; there are alot more newer ones than olders ones to make $$$ off. Whatever the reason i'll just stay here.

franklinair

This IS an educational site. I've learned two new words: bleck & skif. Not a clue what they mean!!
Other websites are fine for varied interests in any field. I'm just an old codger that likes & understands the early Mustangs. (Those new fangled machines just boggle my technical abilities:icon_pani ) I'd join the VMF website if I could ever get my computer to link up with it. Tried several times, but when I got the email address confirmation message it wouldn't work. So I guess I'm stuck here, and you all are stuck with me!

Neil

hookedtrout

No interest in expanding my horizons, barely have time to come here and enjoy everyone here on occassion. The more we split and spread out the less we become. We're Californina Special so I'm staying at the CS specific location.

Cory

franklinair

Well thanks, Tim. I'd love to see the movie again. Hank Fonda & I grew up together:wink: .

Neil (Grandpa) Hoppe

aemoo28

If it walks like a Special, talks like a Special, then it must be the one and only californiaspecial.com website for me.

IMO from a late model owner point of view.

I apologize for the blecking earlier.

AEM

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I just wonder how people get the idea that what I'm proposing as any kind of replacement or "threat" to life is it is here on this site....I never said that I was interested in changing that....

Here are some more details about SVTOA:

Partnering with the SVTOA allows us (primarily late model GT/CSs) to:
Have a broader reach across the country and connect with more GT/CS owners who may not yet be aware of the club .

• Provide more member benefits – discounts from suppliers, club event participation, merchandise availability.

• Have more communication with members and enthusiasts – through our SVT Enthusiast magazine, regular email newsletters, and the SVTOA Website.

•It will also allow me to spend more time to work on Registry, since they’ll be taking care of membership kit fulfillment, membership communications, etc.

• The GT/CS Registry will still do it's own thing, just like it's always been; and it won't affect the early cars' registration at all.

Their philosophy is "the more, the merrier". While they do run the club as a business, they are certainly not money-grubbing dictators who see members only as dollar signs. They are true Ford Enthusiasts who care about all our members, no matter what they drive.

I hope that GT/CS owners can see this as being a positive opportunity to ensure the continued existence of an exclusive club in tough economic times. Banding together is the best way to ensure that each and every member will get the most for their membership dollars.

Since there will be in excess of 20,000 late model GT/CS owners by the end of 2009, I think that something more exciting and fullfilling should be offered to them. I don't expect the early cars to be involved--but there are a few individuals that might like to run thier race-prepped ''68 on the open track.

This is just an alternative group, and I know that there are a lot of owners that are already up to speed with the late model GT/CS experience. I intend to fully appreciate and encourage that! These cars are HOT, and that deserve a place to get together and have a good time.

Paul N.
(Amy? 2008? Really?? :p )

patty.dilabio

Hi to Paul and all! I think this is the best way that this hobby can really survive and grow.Think of the kid(s) in your neighborhood-will they even know what a CS is? They already know the pizza kids civic.....Being part of a national organization is an incredible way to get noticed,and keep it growing,and that is what we need to support now more than ever!
Regards A.D.