• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black and White picture

HappyHour

Me and my friend were messing around taking pictures in SF for Hooked Trout's book. Thought I would share one...black and white pretty slick.

Attachments

• 5051_115482964873_68966609873_2835782_6652492_n[1].jpg
    5051_115482964873_68966609873_2835782_6652492_n[1].jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 118

hookedtrout

That is awesome!! I use Adobe Photoshop 6 to play with my photos and I do a lot of this as well, it is really neat what you can come up with, make sure I have these for the book.

BFG would probably pay for that photo!!!

Cory

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Great photo! Really nice job. I wouldn't mind a full resolution version for my desktop background.

Looks like a perfect candidate for the 2010 CS.com calendar. I'll start calling for submissions sometime in Sept.

OP
OP
HappyHour

HappyHour

No that didnt make the book...althought it is pretty nice.

These are my friend Matt's who is just getting into photography. Mine didnt have the wide angle lense so my shots dont have that stretch look but I submitted the shots I took. Ill throw up a couple later.

Jon PM me your email Ill send it over. Glad you guys enjoyed...

hookedtrout

If you can get it in a Jpeg and send it to me I can still get it in the book.

Cory

OP
OP
HappyHour

HappyHour

Will try...here are a couple from around the city

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1372.jpg
    IMG_1372.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
HappyHour

HappyHour

Yeah the unpainted black markers (hood, turn signals, etc) are kinda nice contrast. Cory I was NOT including these pics for my chapter (didnt want to clutter) but if you need for stock photos or something let me know Ill send them if I have time between packing.

Im still hitting my buddy up for the original resolution B&W...he is dragging....typical photographers. :wink:

hookedtrout

Yeah the unpainted black markers (hood, turn signals, etc) are kinda nice contrast. Cory I was NOT including these pics for my chapter (didnt want to clutter) but if you need for stock photos or something let me know Ill send them if I have time between packing.

Im still hitting my buddy up for the original resolution B&W...he is dragging....typical photographers. :wink:

Send them, I'm going to fill up some pages at the end of the book with nothing but photos, you know the type, scripts, scoops, hood locks, fogs etc, etc. Any close ups anyone has that wants them in this section send them with the subject line XTRA Photos.

Pound on your buddy for the black and white, it is your car correct? This photo would be some stiff competition for the cover of the book, already promised but I could get it worked in on the first page "intro" if you can get it to me.

Thanks