• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New car shirt

limelyt

Design for my new car shirt is finished and printed, just in time for the snow.:cry: I will have to wait till next year

Thanks to Tim O'Brien for getting me started

Attachments

• GTCS design small.jpg
    GTCS design small.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 70
  • shirt.jpg
    shirt.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

cashing in was never even thought about. I just wanted a personelized car shirt. I don't know what the copy right problems would be with the GT/CS and the California Special script are. I've set up the design so that we can change the color of the cars, but right now I don't know the cost for a one shirt print, I need to purchase 12 shirts for the first go around at around $25/each. Maybe to get away from the copy right and cashing in idea, I could send people their design in jpeg and they can inquire about getting their own shirts printed. we will see how it goes.

Thanks
Gary

Midnight Special

...I offered personalized shirts for awhile here (for fun) and donated the proceeds back to CS causes. They were very well received which made it even more fun, but inevitably, one person did make a stink about copyright & how only HE had the right & blah, blah... so it became futile and stupid.

Gary, I love what you did for yourself and the fact you can do any colors, but offering them publicly will only bring you grief from an uptight handful unless you cover yourself.

Your design is excellent, but keep it under the radar and do the custom ones for your friends... unless you want to go BIG.

You certainly have the talent! Great job!!

aemoo28

That's a great shirt. Interested in helping you "purchase" those 12 shirts you need in an order. Certainly there will be another 10 people here willing to do the same. Then you could be just sharing them with your friends, with donations, and not worry about copyright bs. Sign me up.

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

I had to order 12 of my car in order to place the order. I'm talking to the powers that be to see if there is any problems with the design, I will let you know a.s.a.p.

Gary

hookedtrout

You can count me in for a donation to help the cause on making couple or more in the "Best Color" Acapulco Blue.

Cory

Northern Pony

Gary;
Great work and fantastic shirt, of course this is just a small part of your creative nature. Since you will have one at car shows, I should too, put me down for one. Of course " in the best color " Royal Maroon.

BoB

OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

nice try Bob but we all know that 'Green is the new black' right!.

Anyway I thought I should clarify what I was doing. The minimum order was 12 shirts, and since I only wanted a shirt with my car I now have 12 shirts with my car, I was not planning on doing other peoples shirts. So, since some of you are interested I am willing to change the color on the design to match your car, send you back the design, and you can find someone to do the printing of your shirt. This way no selling and no problem with copy right, right!

If you like the design with your car, PM me a photo and your email address and I well send you the design. There is a member of the club that has connections to a person that will print the shirts one at a time and I will see if he is willing to give that information out.

Gary

green56

shirts

gary if you are going to order a nother 12 put me down for a Xlarge in the acapulo blue so that is two cars in that color hope everthing falls in place for you on this project thanks Tom

aemoo28

So can I buy 12 xl in black? How much?

I'd be happy to send you a Roundup shirt in addition to the cost.

I ask this because I don't have a good photo yet of my '68, and wonder how involved it would be to do a black/white stripe shirt.

Attachments

• RU front larger image.jpg
    RU front larger image.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 18
  • RU backside.jpg
    RU backside.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

AEM0028, I would be happy to do a design and send it to you but I do not want to get involved in the printing. Check further up in this thread 'MIDNIGHT SPECIAL' has a lead on someone who can print one at a time for a good price. PM me the car color and stripping.

Thanks for the interest
Gary