• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Today's LONG cruise and dinner ...

GT/CS S Code

Well, we decided to take the 68 GT/CS for a nice long cruise today. Laurie and I took her daughter Alison and our friend Holger that is here visiting with us from Hamburg, Germany along for the company. We went all the way up to Lake Cowichan for a bite of dinner at "The Cow" restaurant and then took the Old Cowichan highway back to Duncan (the "scenic" route rather than the main highway). Then we drove through Cobble Hill and took the back roads past some wineries and small farms. We finally came back out to the main highway and then drove back to Victoria. It made for a wonderful day, and I only had to stop TWICE to re-fill the gas tank. Thirsty thing that 390 4V ...
:grin:

Attachments

• Lake Cowichan.jpg
    Lake Cowichan.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 50
  • Dinner at the cow 003 resized.jpg
    Dinner at the cow 003 resized.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 36

JohnnyQuest515

I'm jealous. Don't tell me what the temps are because we are in our hottest summer on record. Today will be our 62 day over 100.

Randy

robert campbell

I love out of the way restaurants! The “Cow” certainly qualifies on that note! Remember as you already know! “There is more to life than gas mileage”.

Rob

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

I never even gave a thought to the gas mileage once on the whole trip.
You "pay to play" and the enjoyment of being able to drive this wonderful car makes it worth every cent! Plus while we were parked at the restaurant for dinner, about every 3rd pedestrian walking by would stop to look over the car. (Of course I parked it where I could watch it from the restaurant.) You can't put a price on the feeling that gives you as a classic car owner!
By the way, when we installed the new car stereo last summer I opted for an iPod plug in rather than a CD player and we love it. The stations do not fade in and fade out, especially on an "out of the way" drive like this one was. We plugged it in when we left our driveway and didn't hear the same song twice on the entire trip. In fact, if we left it running it would shuffle its way through about 29 hours worth of continuous music with its current play list. Sure beats taking up a bunch of the trunk room with a multi disc CD changer and it's related wiring ... plus the iPod unit and the plug in hide inside the roll up door of the console where it is out of sight and completely stock looking.
:wink:

hookedtrout

I never even gave a thought to the gas mileage once on the whole trip.
You "pay to play" and the enjoyment of being able to drive this wonderful car makes it worth every cent! Plus while we were parked at the restaurant for dinner, about every 3rd pedestrian walking by would stop to look over the car. (Of course I parked it where I could watch it from the restaurant.) You can't put a price on the feeling that gives you as a classic car owner!
By the way, when we installed the new car stereo last summer I opted for an iPod plug in rather than a CD player and we love it. The stations do not fade in and fade out, especially on an "out of the way" drive like this one was. We plugged it in when we left our driveway and didn't hear the same song twice on the entire trip. In fact, if we left it running it would shuffle its way through about 29 hours worth of continuous music with its current play list. Sure beats taking up a bunch of the trunk room with a multi disc CD changer and it's related wiring ... plus the iPod unit and the plug in hide inside the roll up door of the console where it is out of sight and completely stock looking.
:wink:

Ditto on the Ipod, love mine, has over 5000 songs, not sure how long it would play but I'm sure it would go for several days without repeating and it has just about every kind of music imaginable. Pretty wonderful times we live in if you can keep up with it all.

Cory

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

A few late photo additions ...

Here are a few late additions to the photos of this day trip. Our friend Holger from Hamburg, Germany that came along for the drive took a few shots along the way too ...

Attachments

• IMG_0499 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0499 (Medium).JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0520 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0520 (Medium).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0518 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0518 (Medium).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0497 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0497 (Medium).JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0536 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0536 (Medium).JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0529 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0529 (Medium).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0528 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0528 (Medium).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0527 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0527 (Medium).JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Unfortunately ...

Sadly, the insurance ran out on September 5th and so now the GT/CS is languishing in the garage for the winter. The weather is still terrific and it'd be nice to still be driving the car, but we can only get insurance on a 3 month minimum basis ..... bummer!
:sad:

Attachments

• Is it spring yet resized.jpg
    Is it spring yet resized.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 18