• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Where can I see the Shelby EXP500 Green Hornet?

Jan_R

Hello everybody,

I'm a big fan of the EXP500 & finally in march I'm visiting California.
And I hope to see the EXP500 somewhere in a museum. But I dont know which museum.

I wrote an email to the Shelby museum in Las Vegas, but they told me that they dont have it.

I found this photo:
http://www.dr-mustang.com/uploads/forums/dscn0707.jpg

Does anybody recognize this location?

Kind regards,
Jan

di81977

I thought Craig Jackson from Barrett Jackson owned the car. If I remember correctly, he was parading the car around last year with the thought of selling it at his auction.

JohnnyQuest515

You are correct, Craig has the car.

There was a previous thread about the Black Hornet and I put in several links for the GH and Little Red, nice detailed articles.

Randy

OP
OP
J

Jan_R

I just got an email from somebody at BJ, saying the car is in a private collection and not availible to the public.

Too bad! It is such a beautiful car.

Anyway thank you both for the fast reply.

/Jan

Stathy

Jan, I was quite excited about this new photo until I realized this isnt the Green Hornet. It is though a very nicely done recreation.
You'll notice several things are incorrect.
Firstly and most noticeably the side stripe should be EXP500 yet this one
shows EXP500-??S. I cant see the exact initials.
The tires should be Polyglas GT's. Intead this car has Goodyear Eagle GT's.
The air cleaner should be the stock round 428 CJ air cleaner but this car has the oval Shelby style air intake.
Also the cobra snake on the rear roof pillar is located too far forward.
Last thing I noticed is that the interior on this car is incorrect. It should be Ivy Gold but this one (I beleive) is Nugget Gold.

Sorry, I don't mean to be picky but i'm a huge GH fan. In fact, i'm about 25%of the way into my GH tribute car and am doing my very best to make it as accurate as possible.
So any information would be greatly appreciated.
cheers!
Stan

P

PNewitt

The last I saw, the GH was in a collection at the Barrett-Jackson Headquarters in Arizona. But, if you asked, it's either somewhere else, or they just blew you off.

There is a person at BJ that is part of Valley Oak Automotive in Visalia, CA that might know. He now works at BJ somehow, and he was just featured in a magazine.

Not a lot of help, but you might still ask around. I still have never seen the GH in person myself--but intend to someday.

IF you're in Calif, and want to see something neat, go to Galpin Ford in L.A. (highway 405 and Roscoe Blvd). and ask the guys at Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) if you could see their collection there. Call beforehand.

http://galpinautosports.com/

Good luck!

Paul N.

Midnight Special

...Here it is at a car show in 2006...

Attachments

• gh.jpg
    gh.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
J

Jan_R

@ Stathy: I also noticed the changes. But you never know what the owner does with the car. Anyway, thanks for your input. I appreciate that.

@ Paul: Good to hear from you. And thanks for the GAS link. They sure have some great cars over there. :)

@ Tim: You got a PM. ;-)