• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

CS for sale on Vintage Mustang Forum

68sunlitgold

Saw this while surfing today....may interest someone.

"Up for sale is an original 68 ca special. This car has been stripped to bare metal and put into primer. The hard work is now done. Only rust this car had and has is in the two back seat floorpans where your feet sit. The body is truly clean. The car is a J code car and I have the engine out of the car in my garage waiting to be rebuilt. The trans is a c-4 and also out of the car. I have the original grill with lucas lights, hood pins, fiberglass, are all present. The original color combination for this car is the gulf stream aqua exterior with the same color for the interior. This is an easy restoration waiting to happen. Price is $5500.00 get it while you can or I may change my mind and start to restore it.
contact me at this forum or shelby0255@AOL.COM"

Here is the link: http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/f...=876162&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Doug

Here's another one on VMF

The car sound kind of familiar... think it was discussed last year maybe? The Quality Mustang direct link gives you lots of pop-ups, so beware.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/f...=876802&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I have two 67 fastbacks and one 68 california Special for Sale.

68 California Special V8-302 $5500 (Project Car)

Texas cars, no rust except for front floor pans which have rust because of cowl leaks. The CS has a lttle rust on the doors and one quarter panel. Very small areas.

The California Special - Was running until it went through flood in Fort Worth 2-3 years ago. All the interior was removed, engine and transmission ware removed from the car. The Engine went to the shop for restoration. It is ready to install. It has all new seat covers, carpet door panels, headliner. Rechromed complete dash. Paint looks good(forest green)

This is a great oportunity to pick up a good solid car or cars with all their components needed for a great restoration.

Visit our website at http://qualitymustangs.tripod.com.

Serious inquiries only....

Reasonable offers will be considered.....

Please Contact Ray Azcue at this site if interested in any of these cars.

I have pictures if you like to see them.

Thanks,
Ray
972-222-6005

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Deadstang,
It's not the same one...that one is posted also on the site. I emailed the guy, Mark and here is what he sent me.
"vin: 8R01J154XXX
65A
F
29C
W

No Marti Autoworks.

It has a wood grain dash gauges that I think may have been added at one time by a prior owner down the line.

J code 302 and c-4 trans are currently out of car sitting in my garage."

Doug