• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

66 Hub Caps

hookedtrout

Anyone need any 66 Mustang hub caps? I have had these hub caps for an eternity. I think I have 3 matching caps, the 4th was an oddball and I saw a Mustang one time that was missing one cap the same as my oddball so I stopped one day jumped out and snapped it on the car. No idea who's car it was but I'm sure they were surprised to find their missing cap replaced.

Anyway the 3 I have are the FRD997 type in the link below, not sure of the condition, not trying to make any money, I'd trade for a non working pretty AM radio or entertain any other ideas up to and including snapping them on someones car if I saw one missing a cap. ;)

http://www.hubcaps.org/mustang.html

If anyone is interested let me know I'll take a look, make sure I do still have them and see what the condition is to see if they will suit your needs. They might as well be in use as sitting in my shed, I'd rather see someone here have them if they need them than eBay them. I think they came off my first Mustang back when I was about 15 years old. Put on a set of Keystone Classics, those were some sweet looking wheels on that little 65 stang.

Cory

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=3;threadid=1664;start=0#msg10245 date=1115560406]
We have a drive by hub-capper in our midst
[/quote]

Is that anything like a mad hatter?

Fishing was awesome on the Henry's Fork last Wednesday. Just thought I'd throw that out! ;)

Hook

Mustanglvr

Wow Hook, you must be a very thoughtful and generous person. Your wife must love you to death. I`ve always tried to do random acts of kindness like putting money in a parking meter for a stranger or giving a ride to the store for someone who doesn`t have a car. My sister and I saw 2 guys hitchhiking through town the other day on their way to Minneapolis. We bought them pops and sandwiches. They were pretty surprised when we stopped and gave it to them. Being a driveby hubcapper is a new one for the list of "Random acts of kindness". Did`nt they have a book by that name? Anyway, in the world we live in, the way it is today, when you hear about people being shot and killed over two dollars, its nice to know there are people like you out there trying to make the world a nicer place.Thank you :) Rhonda

meadowsdk28

That is pretty cool, hook.

If you're ever in Indiana maybe you could come by the house and do a drive-by restoration.

Seriously, neat story.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=3;threadid=1664;start=0#msg10363 date=1115755900]
That is pretty cool, hook.

If you're ever in Indiana maybe you could come by the house and do a drive-by restoration.

Seriously, neat story.
[/quote]

Reminds of the time my wife said she was thinking of calling one of those TV restoration shows and secretly seeing if they would take my car on for a restoration TV show thing. I about had a heart attack. I could only picture PIMP MY RIDE and had these horrifying :eek: images of my car restored to somewhere in the neighborhood of an inch off the ground with size 22 tires and wheels, a popcorn maker modified and installed in the dash, a chev 350 stuffed under the hood, oh boy!!! I told her if she ever called, to make dang sure she explained that the car better be original with not a single original part missing and not a single foreign part installed.

I think she dropped the idea.

Hook

rvrtrash

My girlfriend asked me what I'd do if she called and had them work over my Boss 351. I asked "Before they catch me or after I get out of prison?"
Steve