• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Lucas Cover

Mosesatm

Does anyone have an extra Lucas Square 8 Lense cover they might want to sell? Rectangular eye.

Thanks

Arlie

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I'd am hoping to purchase just one complete cover but could buy a whole set.

The eye is missing out of the one I have but I was going to go buy a little sheet of plastic and make a new eye cover.

szuccaro

I've had these Lucas covers for over 20 years... bought them at an Economy Imports Auto Store in SJ, CA. Still have the box. Anyone seen these before? What were they originally used on? Steve

szuccaro

Picture didnt post... trying again.

Attachments

• LucasFogLightCovers.jpg
    LucasFogLightCovers.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 22

hicountrybob

Your white w/black letter lamp covers are what 2 of my cars are wearing now because my first set of these was in the trunk of my 1st HCS (1982?), and I have recently bought the 2nd set. Months ago, our site had many ideas and theories discussed about the proper covers for our cars. It is thought by some that these WHITE covers were not for the era of our cars (1968) while others talked about the 2 different styles of BLACK covers (ie. light holes being different styles or shape) and whatever. Someone probably should address this issue again. I notice that Paul N. in his '89 book (pg 43) has info. ie. OLD style and NEW. Also, in his '96 registry (pg 117), much more is noted about the white covers, which I would use as a point of reference for any judge or ANYONE else who might "rag" on me for my white covers. Read this stuff, huh, and let's get to the bottom of this issue. PAUL N. talk to us!!!!!!!!!!!!! hc Bob here.

case12

This has been discussed in other posts and I think Paul even chimed in. It was discussed that the GT/CS and HCS did not come with Lucas covers. Then the discussion turned to which Lucas covers were vintage of the time, if someone wanted to use them. The two vintage ones were black, one with round eye, and the other with rectangular eye. Though both are often used, the closest to vintage was the black one with round eye. Again, since our cars did not come with covers, it is an academic discussion as to which one someone prefers to use - they all serve the purpose of keeping our lights safe when driving. :) Casey

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

...and those white ones certainly look good on white cars