• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wow - Crash test video - this was eye opening

BroadwayBlue

As much as I hated to see a classic car crashed ... this was eye opening! I would have thought the older larger car was stronger. Shows how far technology has come in car construction!

2009 Chevy Malibu vs 1959 Bel Air Crash Test

Video:
This crash test between a modern sedan and the classic 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air shows just how far passenger protection has come in the last fifty years. The Institute for Highway Safety staged the test to commemorate its 50th anniversary.
http://video.consumerreports.org/services/player/bcpid1886192484?bclid=0&bctid=41311737001

joedls

crash.jpg

crash3.jpg

I did my own crash test.:eek:

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

So how fast were you going when you crashed Joe?

I'll say it Joe, you're definitely no "crash test dummy". :wink:

CougarCJ

Judging from that picture of the windshield, I'll bet it 'left a mark'.

joedls

I was probably doing ~60. And, yes, I have a couple more scars on my face to add to the collection.